Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Select the statement that describes how you meet the education and/or experience for this position at the GS-11 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included gathering data to assist in conducting studies on the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare or human services related programs; responding to routine inquiries on the policies and procedures of a program aimed to identify issues affecting program management; drafting reports on studies for management review.
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-12 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or higher in the Federal service applying analysis tools and techniques to assist in developing and conducting studies on healthcare or human services programs; recommending solutions to issues impacting the effective and efficient delivery of program services to beneficiaries; preparing reports on study results; and advising on policies and procedures related to healthcare or human services programs.
3. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-13 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service) developing detailed studies, plans, goals, and objectives for evaluating and improving the effectiveness of line healthcare, health regulatory, or human services programs and program services to beneficiaries, including their policies, practices, and procedures; supporting administrative contracts and task orders by developing required documentation, addressing inquiries, and tracking contract activities; advising others in the implementation of studies and program improvements; and developing reports to brief managers on study results and programmatic activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Develop qualitative and quantitative studies to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of programmatic activities.
5. Formulate action plans to resolve issues affecting a program, such as availability of program funding, program staffing level, and distribution of program services.
6. Analyze new legislation, regulations and policies to determine the impact on internal policies, procedures and operations.
7. Develop supporting documentation such as financial data, statements of work and schedules of deliverables in support of administrative contracts and task orders.
8. Monitor the performance of contractors to resolve and deficiencies in productivity.
9. Maintain tracking systems and records for grant and contract activities within a program.
10. Provide guidance on the development of long-range plans aimed to assess the progress toward program goals and objectives.
11. Advise on the administrative requirements for awarding and administering grants and contracts.
12. Consult on laws, policies, regulations, and precedents governing the administration of healthcare-related programs.
13. Prepare reports on workforce and productivity, management controls, and implementation plans.
14. Draft briefing documents on the status of program activities in response to internal and external inquiries.
15. Develop policies, procedures, and guidance materials in response to new regulatory requirements.