1. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the Basic Requirement for this position. You must select one response.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. (You must provide a copy of your college transcript.)
2. Select the statement below that best describes your level of education and/or experience to qualify for this position at the GS-09 grade level or higher.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that included applying basic scientific principles to carry out investigative assignments; leading and organizing a team to accomplish a variety of activities; and providing technical guidance to resolve program problems, questions, and unusual situations.
3. Select the statement below that best describes your level of education and/or experience to qualify for this position at the GS-11 grade level or higher.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that included applying knowledge of scientific methods and concepts to carry out projects for the research and regulation of tobacco products; planning and coordinating activities among project teams in order to meet established goals for concurrent projects; and, providing written and oral work instructions and guidance in support of regulatory projects.
4. Select the statement below that best describes your background to qualify for this position at the GS-12 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to work performed at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that included applying knowledge of scientific methods and FDA regulations and policies to formulate and manage tobacco product research and review projects; applying project management principles in planning and organizing concurrent activities and anticipating subtle and difficult issues; and providing oral and written briefings and recommendations concerning projects.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When making your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Ensure that all claimed experience can be verified by the information in your resume. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization. For each task, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Review and evaluate scientific data, reports, and proposals.
6. Interpret and apply scientific, technical and regulatory documents including protocols, procedures and policies.
7. Initiate communications or correspondence regarding scientific findings and science-based recommendations, actions, and decisions.
8. Perform library and document searches of technical and scientific publications for reply to interested parties
9. Work collaboratively with members of a team to develop and complete projects.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with team members to identify and recommend solutions to problem areas.
11. Work with others to foster cooperation, communication, open exchange of ideas, and timely resolution of conflicts.
12. Serve as project coordinator in the management of team activities, including developing and monitoring project milestones and overall team progress.
13. Communicate scientific and technical information orally and in writing, such as preparation of meeting minutes.
14. Identify and appraise team and management of potential barriers while coordinating the resolution of conflicting resource needs, availability and scheduling.
15. Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employee serving in a permanent, competitive position?A. Yes (you must provide your SF50 at time of application submission)