Basic Qualification Requirements:
1. From the descriptions below, choose the response that best describes how you meet the Basic Requirements of this position.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the response that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Geographer work. Please note all Basic Requirements must be met (Please read vacancy carefully for requirements).
SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. (Note: one year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week, must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level of the advertised grade level and in the same or similar line of work. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience). All Basic Requirements must be met in addition to the below requirement.
QUALITY RANKING FACTOR
3. In addition to the below Factors applicants will be rated on the below Quality Ranking Factors. Applicants will receive additional points if the Quality Ranking Factors are met. Proof must be uploaded with your application/resume in order to receive credit.A. Graduate degree or other post graduate certificate or advanced studies focused on geospatial data and applications development, modeling, or similar requiring applied GIS skills. (To receive this Quality Ranking Factor credit, you must upload proof of any post graduate studies under Qualifications at the end of the Assessment Questionnaire.)
FACTOR: Skill to lead the design, development, and management of an extensible enterprise GIS and web mapping system relative to agency enterprise requirements.
From the descriptions below, select the one letter that best describes your experience and that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of the position to be filled. Mark only 1 response.
4. Serve in a leadership role or as a senior GIS Specialist in planning, implementing, and managing national- or enterprise-level GIS data layers, web map services, and GIS server framework.
5. Gather and document requirements for enterprise GIS data standards, geodatabases, and web mapping system(s) utilizing knowledge of agency requirements, objectives, policies, and legacy resources related to the system.
6. Design, develop, and/or maintain enterprise mapping system(s) for complex project(s) or program(s) utilizing geospatial web mapping services and relational databases.
7. Integrate ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE in the development of enterprise geographic data management and federated web mapping services.
FACTOR: Knowledge, understanding, and research of server-based geospatial and cartographic/mapping technologies and standards..
8. Design, develop, and manage an enterprise GIS data theme integrated with ArcServer and/or a relational database management system.
9. Utilize ESRI ArcGIS software to map, attribute, manage, and analyze land management and natural/cultural/facilities resources.
10. Develop web mapping services and applications integrated with ESRI ArcServer.
11. Implement enterprise geodatabases utilizing ESRI ArcSDE and Microsoft SQL Server.
12. Completed formal training in ESRI enterprise GIS and Microsoft SQL Server products and services.
13. Research and integrate innovative mapping tools and techniques to meet program-specific web mapping and database requirements.
14. Utilize knowledge of and experience with Open Geographic Consortium (OGC) standards including KML, GML, WMS, and WFS.
FACTOR: Skill in providing administrative and hands-on technical support of current enterprise GIS technologies, services, tools, and techniques to coordinate, plan, execute, and manage state-of-the-art enterprise GIS and web mapping systems.
15. Develop and implement a federated GIS server architecture to support requirements of a Federal agency.
16. Develop and implement geospatial databases utilizing Microsoft SQL Server spatial 2008.
17. Extract, transform, and load geospatial data among relational databases and ESRI formats (esp. Shape files and enterprise/file/personal geodatabases).
18. Implement cloud-based GIS server and services framework to allow rapid application development for multiple program projects.
19. Develop standard GIS server images and set up and manage multiple cloned virtual machines for a diverse GIS user community.
20. Author user guidance for the set up and management of federated enterprise GIS servers and services.
21. Provide direct user support for the set up and management of federated enterprise GIS servers and services.
22. Integrate enterprise GIS data services with NPMap and other federal web mapping application(s).
23. Utilize expertise with ArcSDE and Microsoft SQL Server to review, analyze, and/or develop data services and analytical or cartographic products for enterprise GIS clients and web mapping applications.
24. Utilize Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor servers and services supporting enterprise GIS system(s).
FACTOR: Ability to coordinate, and implement technical documentation, guidance, products, and training for system life cycle, users, peers, and managers.
25. Document enterprise GIS server requirements, status, and milestones into an integrated reporting system for multiple virtual machines.
26. Develop an integrated user help system to support enterprise GIS users.
27. Author and record video training materials for users of enterprise GIS servers and web mapping applications.
28. Present briefings to user communities and program staff re: enterprise GIS requirements and federated GIS server infrastructure and services.
29. Query and produce user and management reports from enterprise relational
30. Generate analytical and cartographic products from enterprise database systems (e.g., dynamic web maps from a back-end database).
31. Coordinate with user communities to plan and execute professional conference presentations, sessions, and tracks.
FACTOR: Ability to communicate orally.
32. Present technical information before an audience consisting of individuals with a wide variety of expertise.
33. Present technical information and research findings before an audience consisting of resource managers, scientists, and/or peers.
34. Research and develop security features, including user authorization and access control for federated enterprise GIS servers and data storage.
35. Conduct regularly scheduled briefings and meetings.
36. Utilize listserves, regular teleconferences, and SharePoint to communicate with large GIS user communities.
FACTOR: Ability to communicate in writing regarding technical aspects of projects and daily work completed and/or in progress.
37. Author and implement user guidance documents explaining policies, procedures, and requirements for enterprise GIS standards, data, and services.
Author and implement user guidance documents explaining policies, procedures, and requirements for enterprise GIS standards, data, and services.
38. Develop and submit/publish routine or special progress reports and news bulletins covering work progress, milestones, and completed products.
Certification of Information Accuracy
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses, deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
39. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.