Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Office Automation Clerk (Student Trainee) Internship
Enter the lowest grade level (02-04) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 742509. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student taking at least a half-time academic, technical, or vocational course load in an accredited high school, technical, vocational, 2 or 4 year college or university, graduate or professional school?A. Yes, I am.
2. Are you at least 16 years or older? Applicants have 60 days to meet this requirement, select yes if you will be at least 16 years of age of older by (closing date to 2 mos).A. Yes, I am at least 16 year of age or older.
3. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your typing and office automation skills. Select only one response.A. I meet the qualifications as a typist with a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute (based on a 5-minute sample with fewer than 3 errors)
4. Please select the response below that best describes your education which would qualify for an Office Automation Clerk (Student Trainee) Intern, GS-0399-02.A. I possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Please select the response below that best describes your education which would qualify for an Office Automation Clerk (Student Trainee) Intern, GS-0399-03.A. I have completed one academic year of education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
6. Please select the response below that best describes your education which would qualify for an Office Automation Clerk (Student Trainee) Intern, GS-0399-04.A. I possess at least two years of post-high school education at an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Perform routine office support work consisting of several related tasks, steps, or operations, such as sorting, coding, and filing documents in an established system, or perform limited data entry or typing on labels, envelops, and simple forms.
8. Sort and assemble a variety of forms, and apply established procedures for checking data.
9. Route, control, and distribute mail and other office communications in accordance with established procedures.
10. Monitor stock levels of a variety of office supplies, maintaining adequate supply of office supplies and blank forms for use by office personnel.
Requisition recurring office materials such as publications, stationary supplies, and office equipment repairs
11. Perform office support such as taking and delivering telephone messages for the staff, and answering routine inquiries.
12. Coordinate routine clerical work in support of an organization where matters are handled informally, in face-to-face meetings.
13. Maintain supervisor's calendar and arrange the time, participants, and location of meetings in accordance with instruction from a supervisor.
14. Determine the nature of inquiries and refer technical questions to an appropriate staff member.
15. Provide routine information and assistance to applications or petitioner and/or their representative in response to telephone, walk-in, or written inquiries.
16. Enter data and/or update data in one or more databases.
17. Organize data, check it against what is already in the database and verify data when necessary.
18. Assist staff in gathering information from subject matter, program, and administrative files.
19. Perform basic analysis of data, such as comparisons of factual data between two points in time.
20. Prepare routine summaries documenting results of research and analysis.
21. Follow specific guidance to produce repetitive documents, such as form letters and simple reports, using office automation software.
22. Use word processing software to copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print standard documents composed of prerecorded formats, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
23. Create, copy, and edit text, e.g., inserts, deletes, move text, and incorporate substantive changes to documents with word processing software.
24. Use advanced office automation software functions including importation/exportation of graphics and data.
25. Experience with spreadsheets, desktop publishing and presentation software to produce office support materials.
26. Assist with setting up and maintain subject matter files including technical instructions, operating procedures, confidential documents, and other materials.
27. As previously explained, your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, for rating you ineligible, for lowering your score, or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
1. understand this warning,
2. have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
3. verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.