1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Accounting Technician (OA), at the GS-6 level.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Accounting Technician (OA), at the GS-7 level.
3. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Accounting Technician (OA), at the GS-8 level.
4. Can you type a minimum of 40 words per minute?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
5. Communicates with others on the job or in other community settings, such as routine communications with supervisors, requesting or providing factual information, or receiving work instructions.
6. Serves as a point of contact for clerical personnel on both routine and new procedural matters, such as training co-workers or new staff on a variety of clerical matters.
7. Serves as a point of contact for other clerical personnel on procedural matters, such as providing advice on routine and established matters of organizational procedures, instructions, and regulations.
8. Ability to explain routine technical procedures and thoughts to others and exchange ideas and information with co-workers.
9. Expresses thoughts, ideas, or opinions in a logical sequence.
10. Performs designated segments of complex accounting assignments in support of higher graded co-workers.
11. Reviews, edits, and consolidates accounting data in various forms and schedules.
12. Serves as funds certifier for petty cash and/or change funds.
13. Maintains obligation ledgers for committed and uncommitted funds.
14. Performs recurring review of routine transactions to verify that proper accounting data is noted.
15. Reviews invoices and statements, verifies information against source documents, and ensures that sufficient funds have been obligated.
16. Determines the accounts involved, codes transactions, and processes transactions. Review commitment and obligation documents.
17. Prepares journal vouchers reporting summarized transactions for entry into general ledgers.
18. Processes and records standard accounting transactions by posting entries to voucher registers.
19. Verifies routine accounting code data and makes necessary corrections.
20. Explains routine system procedures and assists users in taking corrective actions to resolve problems.
21. Assists in analyzing proposed system changes on the processing of accounting data.
22. Assists with technical accounting system audits.
23. Examines and verifies completeness of automated accounting system entries.
24. Posts information to the proper account for each action.
25. Performs day-to-day analysis of detailed accounting transactions, reports, and financial statements.
26. Reviews various cost reports, status of appropriated funds, and other financial statements.
27. Analyzes and adjusts accounting records and provides guidance in establishing current account structure and configuration.
28. Analyzes numerous accounts and determines the need for, and the type of, adjustments necessary to reconcile and balance accounts.
29. Audits records for legality, propriety, and completeness of documentation.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.