The Vacancy Identification Number is: 743937
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
1. Please select the appropriate response.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 level planning, organizing, and directing activities related to operations, strategic issues, process improvement, and workforce efficiency; serving as an expert authority on financial and human capital management; conducting complex process improvement studies on workflow, business processes, and communication; and developing innovative resolutions to highly complex, sensitive, and unresolved issues.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide expert advice and counsel to senior managers on a wide range of functions involved in the operations of the organization.
3. Provide oversight and direction for a wide range of issues related to the organization and managerial policies, practices and procedures, and develops program overviews, reviews and analysis.
4. Providing executive leadership in the transformation of operations for an organization including facilitating staff efforts to transform operations to provide increased effectiveness and efficiency by, among other things, conducting comprehensive studies, analyzing organizational structures, measuring performance and evaluating results.
5. Defining and managing the day-to-day operations of a large and complex organization including, among other things, financial management, human capital management, procurement and contracting, business processes, facilities management and preferably, information technology.
6. Formulate, develop and implement policies and programs with respect to budget, human resources, information technology, records management, and administrative responsibilities.
7. Prepare, monitor and implement workforce plans and succession plans.
8. Develop and coordinate the materials necessary to support and justify budget submissions and implement and manage the budget to include leading and directing all phases of the budget process: budget formulation, justification, presentation, and execution.
9. Monitor program indicators to ensure that support being provided meets the mission requirements, and personally reviews programs to establish or reassess goals, to identify impediments, and to determine need for changes in direction.
10. Assess operational shortfalls, identifying opportunities for improvement and initiating technology exploration, evaluating processes and technologies that may have the potential to improve the effectiveness of the mission of the organization.
11. Review and/or preparation of job analyses, position descriptions, job task assessments, employee's performance work plans, and performance evaluations.
12. Handle labor relations matters. Receive and research employee complaints and group grievances and refer more serious complaints to other appropriate personnel.
13. Manage a wide range of human resources matters including, among other things, review/preparation of recruitment, hiring, promotions, reassignments of staff, career development and training, and compliance with agency EEO program policies and directives.
14. Develop and promote efforts to increase diversity in all aspects of office programs and operations.
15. Facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals.
16. Inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust.
17. Develop the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
18. Apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to the job and the jobs of those supervised.
19. Prepare well-written documents that analyze, describe, make recommendations or otherwise address complex issues effectively.
20. Negotiate effectively to gain acceptance of recommendation of policies.
21. Conduct briefings that convey technical information to a variety of audiences.
22. Participate in, or chair, meetings, conferences, and/or formal discussions with high level officials.
23. Prepare responses to high level officials on comprehensive and sensitive issues.