Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 698834
PROJECT MANAGER, GS-0340-15
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your state level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Cerificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
4. The incumbent of this position is required to operate a government owened or leased vehicle as an incidental duty and must possess a valid Driver's License.A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid State Driver's License.
From the list below, select the best response that best describes your qualifications for GS-15 Project Manager. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 grade level. This experience equipped me to successfully perform the duties of this position and included all of the following: 1) administer and manage day-to-day of the Federal Irrigation Project; 2) plan, organize, direct, execute, review and evaluate dual-program areas of the Project; 3) oversight and administration of irrigation operations and activities; and 4) provide leadership and guidance to branch chiefs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Develop and plan programs to meet Project Irrigation, Power and Business Office organizational needs, to conserve and utilize program resources to ensure maximum performance from program level resources.
7. Manage Project Irrigation and Power Branches which are authorized by Federal law and carried out by subordinate personnel of the Project.
8. Coordinate Project Irrigation, Power and Business Office program efforts by providing general supervision and guidance to branch chiefs, who are responsible to the Project Manager for administration of the Poject's complex functions and programs.
9. Manage, lead and furnish administrative support for Project Irrigation, Power and Business Office programs to further the efficiency and effectiveness of services provided under Project jurisdiction.
10. Accountable for federal funds, manpower and property allocated to the Project for accomplishing its responsibilities.
11. Manage, review and approve Irrigation and Power goals and objectives, ensuring that programs are carried out accordingly and within budgetary constraints.
12. Possess managerial skills in planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the Project Irrigation, Power and Business Office systems.
13. Manage constructively to analyze reports, survey, and data to forecast Project Irrigation, Power and Business Office program needs.
14. Possess a thorough knowledge of Bureau of Indian Affairs' program in order to effectively plan and evaluate the accomplishments of the Project.
15. Develop and initiate action plans with alternatives for the Project to impact on political, social and economic environment of those served by the Project.
16. Protect, conserve, rehabilitate, utilize and manage Irration, Power and Business Office resources in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and policies.
17. Execute personnel management, Equal Employment Opportunity, and job safety rules and regulations relative to Project wide program functions.
18. Comply with the National Environmental Policy Act for Project Power and Irrigation program projects.
19. Responsible for the administration and oversight of Public Law 93-638 Self-Determination contracts and grants.
20. Provide direction and leadership to design and construction of irrigation and power systems, i.e., soil conservation, hydrology, civil, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical.
21. Analyze, evaluate and interpret applicable fundamental physical land, agricultural, engineering, and economic to project planning, irrigation development and land reclamation.
22. Coordinate, mediate and negotiate with local, State, Tribal government to assure that Project missions are accomplished and goals are achieved.
23. Present findings of studies, suggestions for improvement, and recommendations to management official to obtain necessary approval in making program changes.
24. Advice, counsel and instruct both work and administrative matters to subordinate supervisors.
25. Participate with all levels of officials in the formulation of overall programs and policies for the Project.
26. Formulate oral presentations to discuss project details and evaluate progress.
27. Formulate written presentations to discuss project details and evaluate progress.
28. INSTRUCTION: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not electing you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; 3) verify that your responses accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of responses to the quesetionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
INSTRUCTIONS: NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questionnaire and answers, and SF-50s) is received and is accurate.