1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Investigative Assistant (OA), GS-05.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Investigative Assistant (OA), GS-06.
3. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Investigative Assistant (OA), GS-07.
4. Can you type a minimum of 40 words per minute?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
5. Performs segments of law enforcement, inspection, or compliance program support activities.
6. Provides support for enforcement or investigative cases and operations.
7. Interprets and follows standard rules and procedures in support of a law enforcement, inspection, or compliance program.
8. Prepares technical information and reports in support of law enforcement, inspection and/or compliance assignments.
9. Researched files and documents to obtain information.
10. Organizes and processes specialized data from a wide variety of sources to support the full range of communications services.
11. Uses basic analysis techniques to analyze recurring records/data.
12. Establishes and maintains substantial transaction records and manipulates databases to extract information for regular and one-time reports to support a difficult law enforcement, inspection, or compliance programs.
13. Conducts numerous database searches with minimal information to collect information for special investigative reports.
14. Maintains case files and prepares investigative reports.
15. Maintains routine control records and logs and prepares standard factual reports, such as assisting officers in obtaining documentary evidence; and preparing portions of investigative reports.
16. Integrates several types of software to generate working documents and forms.
17. Provides advice and assistance on applying advanced software functions.
18. Uses basic software functions to import/export graphics and data.
19. Uses word processing software to create, copy, and edit letters and reports; and to print devices to produce standard documents.
20. Prepares documentation and forms required for managing the clerical work of an office.
21. Reviews routine correspondence in support of an organization where matters were handled informally.
22. Prepares recurring internal reports and documents from readily available information using model letters and standard paragraphs.
23. Independently prepares correspondence and reports addressing clerical and administrative issues.
24. Manages office operations for an organization with a mission affecting a wide range of agency activities, a large segment of the public, or the business community.
25. Performs a full range of routine and repetitive clerical assignments consisting of related steps, processes, or methods.
26. Serves as the focal point for providing office management services for an organization with subordinate units.
27. Manages the full range of administrative work in support of an organization with simple, straight forward office procedures.
28. Maintains suspense records on correspondence and action documents, and follows up to ensure timely action.
29. Communicates in informal conversations with supervisors, peers, and others.
30. Serves as a point of contact for other clerical personnel on procedural matters, such as providing advice on routine matters.
31. Receives oral instructions to carry out assignments and exchanges information with co-workers to perform day-to-day work.
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.