Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum qualifications for Lead Budget Analyst GS-0560-14
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Manages and oversees the budget formulation of one or more major components of the organization.
3. Provide advice and assistance to top organization management on complex resource issues in budget formulation.
4. Ensure organization is in compliance with applicable guidelines and statutes associated with appropriations laws.
5. Provide technical leadership to office staff including exploring viable alternatives to work methods, processes, and procedures.
6. Plan, estimate, and modify budget estimates for multiyear programs.
7. Analyze complex legislative and policy guidance to determine impact on the affect organization programs and activities.
8. Advise budget and management personnel on funding decisions in various funding scenarios that impact the health of the general public.
9. Gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, and devise solutions to complex financial, accounting, and budget policies and procedures.
10. Review and analyze budget requests and reports submitted by components to determine their technical and mathematical accuracy; support narrative justifications; determine their impact on future years and conformity to budgetary policy and guidelines and recommends changes where appropriate.
11. Ensure regular, consistent communications takes place within area of responsibility to keep staff and management informed about progress and problems.
12. Identify and facilitate improvements to work processes to ensure that deliverables are timely and meeting quality standards.
13. Make clear and convincing oral presentations, to individuals and groups.
14. Represent the office in dealing with other managers and program experts for the purpose of obtaining and/or conveying resources and performance estimates, information, or directions.
15. Recommend proposed budgetary and performance changes.
16. Present information, analysis, ideas, and positions in writing in a clear and convincing mannner
17. Use appropriate writing style consistent with organizational guidelines.
18. Prepare formal consolidated budget justifications throughout the fiscal year that are compelling and comply with the prescribed requirements.