Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Application Software)
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please select one of the following to show what criteria you meet to apply under Merit Promotion procedures.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the following response that indicates how you meet the basic requirement for the IT Specialist position at the GS-12 level. Please choose only one response, and be sure to document your claim in your application.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - I am thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - I work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfies their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication-I express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately; AND (4) Problem Solving-I identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation.
2. Please select the item below that most closely resembles your education and experience for this position. (Select only 1).A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level in the Federal service. My experience includes: participating in the development, and enhancement of computer systems that employees use to perform fundamental business processes; applying the principles and methods of application software development, commercial off-the shelf software package configuration, data conversion, and system testing.
4. Do you have experience with web application?A. Yes. (You must clearly show in your resume how you meet this requirement).
5. Do you have experience with Oracle Database?A. Yes. (You must clearly show in your resume how you have this experience).
6. Do you have experience using ColdFusion in order to build, deploy, and maintain internet applications?A. Yes. (You must clearly show in your resume how you have this experience).
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Use software design principles, methods and principles to design, develop and integrate reusable systems components.
8. Ensure that software applications comply with regulatory requirements.
9. Ensure that software applications are consistent with the current and planned infrastructure and data environments.
10. Identify problems associated with systems operations to provide solutions.
11. Interpret Information Technology (IT) policies, standards and guidelines to provide advice
12. Conduct logical analyses to recommend resolution of complex issues affecting IT policies, standards and guidelines.
13. Evaluate the feasibility of implementing new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services.
14. Recommend new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services.
15. Use cost-benefit analysis, principles and methods to evaluate IT software, development or application.
16. Evaluate proposals for the acquisition of IT products or services.
17. Assist in planning to support projects of the system development lifecycle.
18. Test the functionality of software systems, networks and/or data to determine effectiveness.
19. Work with system developers to design and test applications to assure systems quality, conformance with enterprise architecture and information security controls.
20. Develop software and commercial-off the shelf software package configuration to involve design, documentation development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new and existing software applications.
21. Maintain database management systems that meet current and future requirements of the organization and the customers.
22. Develop database management systems to fulfill organization and customer requirements.
23. Use database management principles (e.g. data structures, data modeling, data warehousing) to develop software applications that meet technical and functional requirements.
24. Apply database and logical design in developing database management systems
25. Prepare written presentations, reports or formal policies of IT issues.
26. Communicate in writing with internal and external contacts to coordinate technical issues or negotiate differences.
27. Develop written training materials for IT trainings.
28. Prepare formal documents to support investment management decisions and fulfill security requirements for IT issues.
29. Develop user and technical documentation for IT related issues.
30. Serve as a consultant to senior management regarding IT related issues.
31. Conduct user-training sessions for IT information.
32. Provide technical support services to customers to meet customers' needs.
33. Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of IT issues.
34. Develop customer service strategies and partnerships with stakeholders to determine cost effective solutions.
35. Work with users to convert business needs into technical system requirements.
36. Develop networks and alliances external to an office or organization.
37. Collaborate with others to accomplish work related activities using team problem solving methodologies and tools.
38. Adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information and changing conditions.