Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-12/13.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service conducting detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes of broad administrative or technical programs and makes recommendations for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Office, GS-0696-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service analyzing and evaluating on a quantitative or qualitative basis the effectiveness of a broad/complex program operation; conducting studies of organizational efficiency and productivity and recommending changes or improvements in organization
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Perform audits and assessments of processes and services determining the fitness for use of products and initiates corrective action in the areas of drugs, foods, devices, biologics, cosmetics and veterinary medicine in accordance with established FDA regulations.
5. Advise key officials on regulations that have and impact on policy development and execution of long range goals.
6. Conduct research to develop improved inspectional techniques for coping with advances in specified areas and explore backgrounds, conditions, and goals with program officials and subject matter experts in other offices, departments, etc.
7. Evaluate and coordinate all proposed legal actions to ascertain compliance with regulatory policy objectives.
8. Analyze and resolve quality issues and enhance quality improvement projects in accordance with ASQ guidelines.
9. Coordinate, interpret, and evaluate overall quality efforts in addition to establishing policy and recommending policy to management.
10. Provide direction and counsel to management and officials in the implementation of policies, and operational guidelines that form the framework for quality management systems.
11. Develop programs to insure that quality control/assurance programs provision are planned, developed and implemented to identify, prevent and correct unsatisfactory conditions.
12. Prepare and present written reports, findings, and recommendations; and detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes.
13. Design studies, training programs and strategies for identifying opportunities to improve customer service and process quality.