1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the GS-950-14 Supervisory Paralegal Specialist.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service providing development and implementation of Freedom of Information programs and Privacy policies.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Serve as a technical authority on disclosure issues, including the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Private Act.
3. Manage the processing and clearance of Freedom of Information Act requests for an organization.
4. Review and approve proposed release packages processed under the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act by junior employees.
5. Develop policies and procedures in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Privacy Act, and other relevant statutes.
6. Respond to inquiries from the general public regarding the status of disclosure requests submitted pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act.
7. Manage the day to day work of professional staff engaged in a variety of activities related to the development and implementation of Freedom of Information programs and policies.
8. Manage the priorities, staff, and fiscal resources for a program.
9. Reprogram resources (e.g. personnel, financial, etc.) on an ongoing basis to adjust to frequent changes in the volume and conduct of programs and activities.
10. Provide training on disclosure functions and activities to other individuals and offices within your organization.
11. Provide advice and guidance on program functions and activities to other organizations.
12. Negotiate with other organizations for the acceptance or compliance with policies, decisions, and/or regulations.
13. Establish relationships with external representatives in the areas of legislative, regulatory, and/or public relations in the area of Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
14. Establish liaison with other components of an organization to engage in cooperative efforts in disseminating information or promote program activities.
15. Assign work to team members based on priorities, selective consideration of difficulty, and the capabilities of the employee.
16. Participate in the evaluation of performance of team members.
17. Participate in the evaluation and interviewing of candidates for open positions.
18. Resolve informal complaints from staff.