Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Management Analyst work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included: participating in studies that analyze the effectiveness of work processes; evaluating data from studies on work processes/procedure issues; and drafting reports to summarize study findings. (Must be supported in your resume)
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service) that included: applying analytical methods and techniques for conducting analyses of administrative functions and work processes of an agency's programs; evaluating and interpreting data from studies on work processes/procedure issues; and developing final reports to summarize study findings and presenting information?A. Yes (must be supported in resume)
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service) that included: developing and conducting analytical studies of administrative functions and work processes of an agency's programs; evaluating the effectiveness of work processes/procedure issues and recommending solutions for improvement; and developing final reports to summarize study findings and presenting information?A. Yes (must be supported in resume)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Conduct analytical studies to assess the effectiveness of work procedures.
5. Analyze information from a variety of sources (i.e. records, computer files, previous studies, interviews) to isolate problems.
6. Study proposed legislation for possible impact on agency programs.
7. Analyze an organizations long term training needs to recommend development plans for employees.
8. Coordinate focus group interviews to gather information for quantitative analytical studies.
9. Conduct analytical surveys to gather information on management policies within an organization.
10. Plan research studies to evaluate learning methods.
11. Deliver briefings to present findings from process improvement studies.
12. Present research findings to recommend proposed changes in work processes.
13. Persuade management to accept proposed changes to work processes.
14. Draft reports summarizing findings from studies on work processes and procedures.
15. Prepare option papers to recommend solutions to management.
16. Update functional manuals that outline methods of performing work in accordance with company policy.
17. Review work procedures to evaluate the potential effectiveness of work processes.