Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 747946
Announcement Number: IHS-12-HQ-747946-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-14. Select only one response and do not leave blank.
1. Specialized experience is demonstrated knowledge and skill of current social science, medical, and behavioral health research and clinical practices related to sexual assault programs; expert knowledge of the full variety and quality of sexual assault services available nationally and to AI/AN populations within the Indian Health System; applied knowledge of the IHS, Tribal health organizations, and Alaska Native Health Corporations and how these entities organize and deliver medical care and provide for sexual assault forensic examination services; experience in FBI investigative functions including domestic violence and sexual assault victim assistance, evidence recovery, and processing related to sexual assault; work directly involved with conducting sexual assault examinations as well as demonstrated leadership in sexual assault program management and related activities.
2. I have served in a leadership role in sexual assault program management.A. Yes
3. I have applied knowledge gained from the field of sexual assault to improve a sexual assault program.A. Yes
4. I have demonstrated experience gathering sexual assault data and evaluating technical information related to sexual assault.A. Yes
5. I have demonstrated experience providing technical information related to sexual assault to colleagues in the health professions.A. Yes
6. I have demonstrated experience in sexual assault program development, implementation, and evaluation.A. Yes
7. I have established and maintained effective working relationships with high level professionals, contractors, colleagues, and community stakeholders in the field of sexual assault.A. Yes
8. I have successfully facilitated meetings and focus groups on sexual assault.A. Yes
9. I have demonstrated experience that includes successfully dealing with the broad range of sensitive issues inherent with the topic of sexual assault.A. Yes
10. I have served in senior administrative positions that required the use of tact and diplomacy in high-level interagency meetings.A. Yes
11. I have performed successfully in positions requiring the regular use of persuasive communications to meet agency objectives.A. Yes
12. I have substantive experience developing and implementing sexual assault policies with national scope.A. Yes
13. I have substantive experience organizing national sexual assault program activities, including setting priorities, determining resource requirements, goal-setting, and determining strategies to achieve short- and long-term goals.A. Yes
14. I have demonstrated experience coordinating sexual assault program activities with other agencies.A. Yes
15. I have demonstrated experience monitoring and evaluating sexual assault programs.A. Yes
16. I have extensive experience communicating sexual assault program policies to ensure compliance.A. Yes
17. I have prepared written responses to inquiries or requests for information from senior management or outside agencies on issues related to sexual assault and sexual assault program management.A. Yes
18. I have prepared written reports on program progress to technical and non-technical audiences.A. Yes
19. I have substantive experience evaluating information from a variety of sources to develop written sexual assault program policy recommendations.A. Yes
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
20. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.