Please select the appropriate specialty code. You must provide supporting documentation in oder to receive consideration.
001: Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status; OR, reinstatement eligibility into the competitive service. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing title, series, grade and the full performance level of the position; OR, you are a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) or if you are currently in the military a statement of service.
002: Non Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who held a permanent position in the competitive service that had the same (or higher) promotion potential as the full performance level of this job; OR, you meet these eligibility requirements from an excepted service agency with an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your SF-50 showing that you meet these requirements; OR, you are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers. You must submit relevant supporting documentation.
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a Communications Specialist at the CU-12 level.
2. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a Communications Specialist at the CU-13 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Draft press releases
4. Draft congressional testimony
5. Draft congressional correspondence
6. Draft speeches and op-eds and letters to the editor
7. Develop and write informational materials and presentations
8. Draft correspondence on sensitive or technical issues
9. Develop and write informational materials, slide shows, and presentations
10. Draft newsletter or newspaper stories
11. Write news, feature, or technical articles for a weekly or monthly publication
12. Write press releases for a breaking news event
13. Respond to cold call media inquiries
14. Review speeches or testimony and made recommendations for improving the delivery of the information to the intended audience
15. Review and edit documents produced by others to ensure proper quality, content, presentation, and grammatical usage prior to dissemination or publication
16. Review and revise material produced by others to ensure principles of plain writing
17. Analyze trade research materials and make recommend for improving the delivery of the information to the intended audience
18. Produce radio, television, or online media content
19. Brief senior Agency leadership on best practices regarding communication
20. Answer press calls and public inquiries
21. Conduct interviews of information sources
22. Pursuade decision makers above my immediate manager to work toward an objective or goal
23. Made formal presentations to policymakers or managers for purposes of persuading them to take action, change positions, or expend resources
24. Persuade others outside of my organization to change their position
25. Persuade reporters to change the premise of a story or include the agency's viewpoint in a story
26. Communicate with or on behalf of decision makers on financial services industry or consumer protection issues
27. Communicate with representatives of the print and broadcast media who cover the credit union industry or the financial services industry
28. Communicate/coordinate with a wide range of contacts, including print and broadcast media representatives, on complex technical/specialized subject matter
29. Provide information to media representatives on technical/specialized subject
30. Conduct interviews of information sources
31. Answer press calls and inquiries
32. Pursuade others to cange the core messages or arguments of a press release, press response, or policy document
33. Work in the credit union industry or in the financial services industry, for an agency regulating or an institution overseeing the credit union industry, or covering the credit union industry
34. Apply credit union industry or other financial institutions' policies and pracitces
35. Work in the credit union industry, for an agency regulating the credit union industry, or covering the credit union industry and am considered an expert that others consult when researching the credit union industry or other financial institutions' policies and practices.
36. Establish working relationships with various decision makers on controversial or complex matters related to legislative or regulatory issues concerning the financial services industry or consumer protection issues
37. Establish working relationships with a wide variety of contacts in government agencies, in Congress, in state agencies, and trade associations on financial services industry or consumer protection issues
38. Do you know who the technical experts are within the credit union industry or the financial services industry and able to access their expertise to produce written material about their program area?
39. Have you established contacts within credit unions or financial services providers and/or among credit union or financial services trade groups?
40. Have you made formal oral presentations and provided on-the-spot responses under adverse, hostile, time-sensitive, or similar conditions; or established rapport with media representatives and pitching stories to these individuals that resulted in publication?
41. Have you assisted in developing press kits and media contact lists; provided information to media on routine requests by explaining established procedures; assisted in the preparation of press conferences for major announcements; or assisted in the preparation of briefing books?
42. Have you developed specialized knowledge of complicated issues and communicated this information in simple, easy-to-understand terms?
43. Have you prepared one or more of the following documents? Analyses of proposed policy, legislative, regulatory, or management initiatives;Articles for a magazine or newsletter;Newspaper articles;Books; Academic papers;Research papers;Speeches;Policy guidance;Web material;Press releases;Strategic plans;Letters to the editor;Written responses to a media inquiry;Fact sheets for the general public;Press kits; Prepared quotes;Talking points;Television or radio story scripts.