Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Legal Administrative Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for the position. The Specialty code for this position is 001 - Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a Legal Administrative Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience and/or education you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Legal Administrative work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience as a Legal Administrative Specialist position equivalent to the GS-07(or higher grade level) in the Federal government performing the following work: 1) monitoring, maintaining and updating filing system for records used by an office; 2) following established procedures to ensure case packages are assembled with the necessary information for cases being litigated; 3) making periodic revisions, as directed, in response to new requirements or changes in policies for preparation of indices and briefs; and 4) assisting staff with administrative support to include, organizing travel request, making arrangements for conferences and meetings, and drafting and typing letters, memoranda, and reports as needed.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Apply applicable statues, rules, and regulations as they pertain to indices, briefs, and other legal documents.
3. Conduct limited research to retrieve and shepardize cases for use in the preparation of oral arguments before a court.
4. Review case file information for accuracy and compliance with established regulations and procedures.
5. Type various legal documents into templates, such as appendices, indices, letters and memoranda for the office.
6. Maintain a variety of reference material to ensure organized retrieval and/or location for incorporation into others' work assignments.
7. Refer information in final format to appropriate individuals for review, approval and signature.
8. Follow up with suspense actions to ensure that necessary action is taken within the required time period.
9. Organize voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as scanning, indexing, and controlling documents into a database.
10. Operate a variety of computer and audiovisual hardware including computers, printers, scanners, and audio/videotaping devices.
11. Prepare detailed statistical reports for use by an office.
12. Prepare indices, including providing correct legal citations, for legal sources cited in briefs filed in a court.
13. Examine outgoing correspondence, briefs, indices, and appendices for accuracy and completeness of contents.
14. Assemble documents required for use by attorneys assigned to each case.
15. Asks questions to collect necessary information to perform routine tasks.
16. Establish and maintain personal contacts with third parties for the purpose of securing and/or exchanging relevant information.
17. Respond directly with outside parties to arrange travel, meetings, or other administrative tasks.