Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 748553
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN, GS-0525-5/6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service which includes examining, verifying, and maintenance of accounts and accounting data based on knowledge of standard accounting codes, classifications, and terminology. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service which includes examination of accounting transactions, tracking obligations and expenditures, analyzing and researching accounting documents and errors, and reconciling accounts. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service which includes analyzing and reconciling account balances, verifying accounting data for accuracy, recording adjusting entries, and generating specialized reports. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
7. Apply generally accepted accounting techniques and procedures in completing day-to-day accounting operations.
8. Maintain accounting records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Apply federal accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines in completing obligation and payment transactions.
10. Review obligation and payment documents to determine completeness of documents, use of correct accounting codes, and propriety of expenditures.
11. Prepare adjusting entries using appropriate accounting codes.
12. Process miscellaneous obligations and payment transactions.
13. Encode transactions in automated accounting system to maintain accounts.
14. Research accounting data recorded in financial system to identify the cause of discrepancies and initiate adjusting entries to correct data.
15. Reconcile computerized reports of accounts payable, undelivered orders, accounts receivable, and other reports of source documents.
16. Use automated software tools to create specialized reports and/or to compare data.
17. Perform research of payment status to respond to vendor inquiries
18. Verify validity of obligations and payment transactions for determination of the accounts affected and entries to be made.
19. Analyze accounting and financial data to identify abnormal trends and analyze impact on operations.
20. Reconcile imbalances in accounting data.
21. Identify and gather appropriate accounting data to respond to data calls.
22. Provide technical advice and assistance to others on proper accounting procedures, payments and collections, either orally or in writing.
23. Coordinate with program staff to validate and verify undelivered orders, or to solicit input for data calls.
24. Participate on special workgroups and teams to address accounting issues.
25. Provide written responses to emails and other written inquiries from program offices, and other customers of the Accounting office.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
26. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.