Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the options below, please select the appropriate response that best reflects your education and/or experience to qualify for the GS-09 Program Support Specialist position. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your response. Transcripts are required if qualifying based on education.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 in the Federal service, that included: participating in coordinating system enhancements and the implementation of new automated systems; analyzing software capabilities; and providing technical assistance to system users and maintaining guidance material.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes you experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Evaluate software equipment capabilities to recommend changes in processing procedures.
3. Analyze data collection issues to identify improvements in the operation of an automation program.
4. Perform quality assurance reviews to assess the accuracy of data maintained in databases.
5. Conduct surveys to identify the need for formal and/or informal training on software equipment.
6. Participate in planning system enhancements for an organization.
7. Review computer-based technology systems to determine compatibility with work procedures.
8. Conduct studies of existing database procedures to recommend changes in automated operations.
9. Utilize databases to track essential data for the operations of an office.
10. Establish procedures to ensure compliance of internal system controls.
11. Extract information from automated reports to gather information.
12. Provide computer graphics desktop publishing support for presentations.
13. Provide guidance to management on establishing an automation program.
14. Provide job training to staff on various software packages and/or computer systems.
15. Provide assistance in conducting technical studies for feasibility studies related to management analysis.
16. Prepare documentation and/or user manuals that provide procedures for software utilization.
17. Assist in developing an annual multi-year automation development program.
18. Draft informational documents that summarize policies for utilizing office software.
19. Update standard operating procedures for automated systems.