Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 748841
TRIBAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-0301-11
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Tribal Operations Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the federal service in administrative work primarily in areas of tribal government, tribal enrollment, tribal budgets, judgment funds, investment planning, tribal attorney contracts, and related functions, general management and supervisory skills. (Your resume must support this experience.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
5. Review tribal budgets, plans of distribution, tribal constitutions, and other tribal organizational documents to see that all Federal statutes, regulations, procedures and tribal constitutional requirements are met.
6. Assist in providing technical assistance on basic tribal enrollment procedures in the preparation of tribal rolls, payment rolls, and final rolls.
7. Review tribal enactments as required to ascertain that the tribal constitution, charter and regulatory requirements are observed and determines what action, if any, is required at the Regional level.
8. Evaluate, monitor, or ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures.
9. Provide input on plans, goals, or objectives for projects, programs, systems or operations.
10. Explain laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures to management, personnel or clients.
11. Recommend improvements or solutions to problems or determine appropriate action.
12. Interpret special laws, regulations, court decisions, and other documents.
13. Review reports, tribal minutes, resolutions and ordinances.
14. Understand Bureau programs, policies, etc., relative to tribal affairs.
15. Acquire and maintain working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures.
16. Prepare correspondence notifying individuals or offices or decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
17. Prepare letters and memoranda relating to reports, resolutions and ordinances.
18. Prepare reports, documents, records, data, and other materials.
19. Ensure there is a logical arrangement of parts or information in correspondence reports, articles, and other materials.
20. Establish and maintain working relationships with the tribes and agencies.
21. Provide technical advice on tribal enrollment programs.
22. Contact others orally obtaining information.
23. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information.
24. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
25. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.