Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 747047
Technical Information Specialist (Television Content)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level GS-07? Examples are:
Experience with the concepts and principles of library techniques for moving image content, digital editing and storage such as the processing, transferring and importing of different types of video, audio, or image media and acquisition, circulation and reference negotiation and reviewing the accuracy of metadata and make corrections or deletions and Experience with digital asset management system environments, such as Dalet Digital Media Systems, Front Porch Digital, ENPS, Avid Interplay, and selecting and prioritizing video news content (asset) for a television news environment or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education or master's or equivalent graduate degree, e.g., LL.B. or J.D., related to the position
2. GS-11:In addition to the specialized experience above, Do you possess one-year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level?Examples are: Experience coordinating the content housed in and related to Video Servers and maintaining a large library/collection of moving images and monitoring the accuracy of metadata or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education or doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent) related to the position
3. GS-12: In addition to the specialized experience for the GS-09 and GS-11, Do you possess one -year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level? Examples are: Experience monitoring incoming content into the video server and ensuring all feeds and video ingest are flowing properly. Developing procedures and determine logistics of various video ingest and process and experience with troubleshooting, system maintenance, system upgrades and database administration.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Experience in a broadcast production environment including working with various moving image formats.
5. Knowledge of current events in order to assist customers with content requests including searching and suggesting alternative video.
6. Understanding of DAM systems, database structure and search engines
7. Experience working with various digital media formats
8. Understanding of copyright and contractual issues