Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 749108
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Facility Manager. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Facility Manager. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Facility Manager. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Evaluate structural and mechanical adequacy of facility and utilities, recommending improvement modification or abandonment as required.
9. Recommend procedures to correct safety hazards such as structural defects, preparing job specifications for accomplishment by force account.
10. Initiate feasibility studies and recommends modifications or alterations to mechanical facilities to provide for economical and efficient operations.
11. Perform technical work associated with plant facilities projects utilizing accepted codes and standards of government and industry.
12. Conduct continuing inspection of plant facilities.
13. Determine which maintenance and repair projects are to be procured by contract.
14. Act as Project Inspector on contract projects to ensure compliance by the contractor with the plans, specifications and contract requirements.
15. Evaluate and implement the execution of sound preventive maintenance program.
16. Make technical determination concerning proposals, contract awards, and other major aspects of design and construction work performed by engineers and contractors in the private sector.
17. Plan the execution of a facilities program planning operations consistent with recognized management principals.
18. Initiate action as required by EPA, OSHA, EEO, and energy conservation directives as applied to Facility management programs.
19. Recommend improved operating procedures based on new developments, new materials, and new techniques, etc.
20. Review, analyze, and evaluate maintenance and operating costs of Agency facilities program.
21. Perform personnel management including budgeting, employee selections, employee discipline, employee training and all other employee processes.
22. Adapt standard practices, equipment, or techniques in developing technical parameters and preparing justification for the eventual development of plans and designs for the improvement and alteration of existing facilities.
23. Analyze and evaluate progress of Facility management programs to assure strict adherence to program requirements.
24. Maintain and analyze reports, operating logs, etc., which reflects quantities used, cost of operations, and using data from which to prepare budgets; and accomplishing complete inventories of buildings and facilities; and initiating training programs in all phases of plant operations.
25. Supervise the execution of a facilities program planning operations, budgeting, maintenance, repairs, major alterations and improvements, and common services consistent with recognized management principals.
26. Supervise general contractors during construction/renovation/repair of buildings.
27. Initiate and plan work for subordinates.
28. Establish priorities and prepare schedules for subordinates completion.
29. Evaluate performance of subordinates.
30. Recommend subordinates for incentive awards, disciplinary actions or promotions, as may be appropriate.
31. Provide technical assistance to the tribe when requested on matters relating to buildings, grounds and utilities.
32. Serve as a technical advisor to management and other offices regarding program and technical matters relating to Facility Management activities and on matters of general technical nature, such as; recommendations relative to feasibility of improvement or replacement of facilities, buildings and utilities.
33. Provide expert advice and guidance in those areas requiring coordination between Agency functions, and various building trades involved in operating the Facility management programs.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
34. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.