Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 714968
SUPERVISORY LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (PROBATE), GS-0901-11
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Legal Administrative Specialist (Probate). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Use knowledge of federal administrative laws and decisions related to inheritance of Indian trust and restricted lands to provide consultation to deciding officials regarding probate cases.
7. Conduct interviews with beneficiaries, interested parties, and examining agencies for research purposes on probate cases.
8. Perform research of agency and tribal genealogy records for probate cases.
9. Analyze probate files for accuracy of supporting documentation.
10. Execute probate adjudications.
11. Testify at probate hearings as a federal representative to present factual evidence.
12. Interpret and implement the decisions of the Office of Hearing Appeals (OHA) deciding officials for probate cases.
13. Maintain administrative records that track Indian probate proceedings until completion of the cases.
14. Input final decisions into the Probate automated system of record.
15. Use knowledge of real and personal property, legal principles and legal documents to perform agency review of probate cases.
16. Examine legal descriptions for the purpose of verifying ownership status of land and resources for probate case review.
17. Research land titles in estates for probate case review.
18. Prepare inventory of real property in estates for probate case review.
19. Perform legal research in resolving problems arising under federal, tribal, and state case law applicable to the testamentary disposition of property, title status, genealogy and other probate problems.
20. Review proposed leases, right-of-way, or other encumbrances of the trust or restricted land/assets in the estate to make recommendations to officials for pending probate proceedings.
21. Use knowledge of Indian laws and legal documents which impact title, encumbrance, use of rights, and income rights from land administered by the Bureau to ensure correct distribution of trust assets in probate cases.
22. Verify probate decision to ensure estate assets are accurately and quickly distributed.
23. Use knowledge of probate legal principles to evaluate documents and information to determine the level of legal complexity in Indian probate cases.
24. Conduct actions affecting new land and resources ownership data in the estate account upon close of probate proceedings.
25. Conduct the payment of any trust and restricted funds in the estate account upon close of probate proceedings.
26. Notify all identified federal, tribal, and state officials of final decision of probate cases.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
27. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.