Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analyst)
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please select one of the following to show what criteria you meet to apply under Merit Promotion procedures.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the following response that indicates how you meet the basic requirement for the IT Specialist position at the GS-12 level. Please choose only one response, and be sure to document your claim in your application.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - I am thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - I work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfies their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication-I express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately; AND (4) Problem Solving-I identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation.
2. Please select the following response that most closely matches your level of specialized experience for this position. Please select only one response, and be sure to document your claim in your application.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service. My experience includes: assisting with the design and development of information systems that employees use to perform fundamental business processes; Oversee successful requirements gathering and review technical program documents; conduct analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed and enhanced and assist the customer in selecting the most effective methods for specifying program and data requirements; consult with customers to refine functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical specifications; develop user and technical documentation; evaluate information systems for efficiency, economy and accomplishment of stated goals and objectives; and plan and direct team studies in order to develop recommendations and proposals for management.
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Oversee successful requirements gathering.
4. Review a variety of technical program documents.
5. Attend preliminary design meetings to obtain an understanding of business programs, processes and procedures of the customer.
6. Conduct analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed and enhanced.
7. Assist the customer in selecting the most effective methods for specifying program and data requirements.
8. Drawing upon technical and team skills, work with users to convert business needs into technical system requirements.
9. Work with system developers to clarify customer needs.
10. Assist in the design, development, and testing of applications to assure system quality conformance to enterprise architecture.
11. Consult with customers to refine functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical specifications.
12. Provide customer with technical tools (i.e. workflow. planning. data collection. and assessment) to enhance products submitted for system development.
13. Support the development of IT performance work statements, work plans, IT strategies, and contract documents.
14. Develop user and technical documentation.
15. Prepare formal documents to support investment management decisions and fulfill security requirements.
16. Provide outreach activities such as training and education to business customers.
17. Conduct user training sessions.
18. Manage timelines and all phases of the system development life cycle.
Collaborate with developers and stakeholders in system design.
19. Provide application training and support to end users.
20. Effectively evaluate business needs to identify ways to improve and enhance the customer experience.
21. Evaluate information systems for efficiency, economy and accomplishment of stated goals and objectives.
22. Develop procedures to achieve goals and ensure system objectives are accomplished effectively and efficiently.
23. Analyze the interaction between operational systems and other interfacing systems to assure efficient and effective integration of data and logical processes.
24. Plan and direct team studies in order to develop recommendations and proposals for management.