Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however, a valid number is required in order to process your application.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position.
Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and/or 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select both codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service). You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
002 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an Interchange Agreement, and other special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes current/former Federal employees who previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level for this position. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code(s) for this position is/are:
Basic Qualification Requirements
1. Do you have IT-related experience that demonstrates each of the four competencies:(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; (4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations?A. Yes
Additional Qualification Requirements
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Information Technology Specialist (Mainframe), GS-2210-14.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience include planning, managing, coordinating, and integrating all aspects of an agency's mainframe platform; managing the overall success and effectiveness of mainframe platform programs, projects, and operations; ensuring an agency's mainframe platform projects align with priorities, other IT projects, functions, and systems; and providing expert subject matter expertise on mainframe platform projects to include developing requirements, conducting analyses, overseeing implementation and testing, evaluating and monitoring progress, etc.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Plan, manage, coordinate, and integrate all aspects of an agency's mainframe platform.
4. Ensure an agency's mainframe platform aligns with critical priorities, other IT programs, functions, and systems.
5. Oversee all mainframe platform related work performed on assigned contracts, including evaluating contractor performance and ensuring compliance with contractor requirements.
6. Utilize knowledge of mainframe-based data management systems to ensure effective operation of mainframe platform.
7. Apply information security concepts such as CA-Top Secret in a mainframe environment.
8. Utilize mainframe-based storage and data management or replication technologies in a mainframe environment.
9. Work with various pieces and subsystems of the mainframe hardware, operating systems, and program products in a mainframe environment.
10. Identify and implement improvement plans and processes for the operation of an agency mainframe platform.
11. Manage mainframe platform programs, projects, acquisitions and operations to ensure the achievement of and support for agency strategic goals and objectives.
12. Administer multiple ongoing procurement activities and projects involving maintenance, new requirements, development, implementation, and operation of the mainframe platform.
13. Function as the Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) for assigned contracts involving planning, developing, implementing and operating an agency mainframe platform.
14. Provide advice and guidance on strategic program planning and budgeting activities pertaining to the mainframe platform.
15. Establish and maintain relationships with management officials and technical specialist in other technology areas in order to effectively plan, manage, collaborate on and integrate program activities.
16. Lead, manage, or participate in multiple information technology projects, task forces and committees in areas that impact agency mainframe platforms.
17. Represent an agency at meetings, conferences, or events that relate to mainframe platforms.
18. Identify and resolve problems, issues, or authorization of payments for services or deliverables received by an agency.
19. Prepare operational policies, technical or architectural requirements for mainframe platform in order to meet business and application demands.
20. Develop reports and budget proposals for implementation of an agency's mainframe platform.
21. Review and approve technical designs and test plans for mainframe platform projects to ensure that they meet established policies and requirements.
CERTIFICATION OF ACCURACY
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
22. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.