Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Case Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (13-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The Specialty code(s) for this position is 001 Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in Supervisory Case Management Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Case Management Specialist work at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service performing the following: 1) supervises, leads and/or manages a team; 2) files and/or oversees the filing of legal briefs in federal court; 3) uses automated software applications to prepare, track, and distribute various legal case file documents; 4) resolves problems affecting the efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity of legal or administrative support services; and 5) prepares reports to assist attorneys in managing and organizing case files and monitoring court deadlines and litigation events.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Case Management Specialist work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service performing the following administrative duties: 1) supervises, leads, and manages a team and directs, coordinates, or oversees work flow; 2) files and/or oversees the filing of legal briefs in federal court and helps develop and/or deploy databases and workflow processes; 3) uses, and advises on the use, of automated software applications to prepare, track, and distribute various legal case file documents; 4) resolves complex problems affecting the efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity of legal or administrative support services for a large to mid-sized legal office; and 5) prepares oral and written reports to assist attorneys in managing and/or organizing case files and monitoring court deadlines and/or litigation events.
3. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to meet the selective placement factor for this position. Note, failure to include specific details of your experience in your resume will result in an ineligible rating and you will receive no further consideration.A. I have experience filing briefs in compliance with court rules and deadlines for an appellate court.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are using the Qualifications and Availability Form C to complete this assessment, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Track legal documents and filings to ensure quality control in document tracking system.
5. Assess business process to determine more efficient and effective ways to execute.
6. Review legal documents to ensure conformity with the appropriate rules and procedures for filing in a court of law.
7. Manage efforts in maintaining quality control of systems to ensure data integrity of database contents.
8. Establish internal controls to comply with restrictions on access to legal documents, such as protective orders, confidentiality agreements, and/or government restrictions on access.
9. Classify the filing of various legal documents such as direct appeals, briefs, motions, and stipulations within a court of law.
10. Provide case attorneys with an update regarding docketed case files and entries.
11. Assemble legal documents to be filed in court.
12. Oversee operation of an automated docketing system or other computerized case or document management system, to monitor case management data.
13. Work with legal staff in recommending and developing new procedures to meet litigation and/or organizational goals.
14. Compute time limits for due dates to ensure that legal documents are submitted timely.
15. File the appellate briefs and/or certiorari-stage briefs in federal appellate courts and/or the Supreme Court, including non-ECF paper filings.
16. Review court rules to ascertain filing requirements and/or deadlines and assist attorneys in complying.
17. Communicate with a court officials to accomplish filings in compliance with court rules and deadlines.
18. Organize and manage paper records and files.
19. Gather data to evaluate and improve workflow, efficiency, and/or organization.
20. Resolve discrepancies identified in reviewing legal documents in preparing for court.
21. Make recommendations to improvement case file management processes and procedures.
22. Engage in daily communication with attorneys to ensure attorneys are apprised of necessary deadline and/or court information.
23. Summarize numerous pieces of information into a short, comprehensive statement of fact.
24. Communicate orally with personnel at all levels in a clear and succinct manner.
25. Write documents (i.e. correspondence, reports, budget proposals, etc.) related to work assignments.
26. Record and/or gather information necessary to complete case status reports.
27. Communicate in writing with court officials, attorneys, and management.
INSTRUCTIONS: In this section, you will respond to questions about supervisory/leadership experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience.A- I have performed this task as a supervisor or director of a work unit/group/division.
28. Help establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff members.
29. Observe and evaluate employee performance.
30. Develop work improvement plans and recommend personnel actions as necessary.
31. Provide advice and counsel to employees related to work and administrative matters.
32. Effect disciplinary measures and/or provide constructive criticism as appropriate.
33. Resolve informal complaints and grievances.
34. Manage a team of professionals in providing support to attorney and management staff.Bottom of Form