Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Program Analyst
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code (OSC) that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The Specialty code for this position is 001 - Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a Program Analyst position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience and/or education that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Program Analyst work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 that involved researching, analyzing and measuring administrative program performance using basic statiscal research methods; and preparing reports, correspondence, and other written material concerning straightforward policy issues or requirements: -OR
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are using the Qualifications and Availability Form C to complete this assessment, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Use Oracle, or similar databases, to prepare spreadsheets, background performance metrics, analytical materials, and investigation summaries for performance reviews.
3. Extract information from various sources to identify trends in terms of quality performance indicators, workload metrics, and case load movement analysis.
4. Conduct basic legal research, including researching court dockets to find court pleadings and other material pertinent to cases.
5. Advise senior management officials about issues that need to be addressed in performance reviews.
6. Gather data from a variety of sources to support the development of program review documents.
7. Identify performance indicators that may be appropriate for use in reviewing individual districts or agencies.
8. Make recommendations for improvement of record control system processes and procedures.
9. Modify analytical methods to fit a wide range of variables not susceptible to direct observation and analysis.
10. Develop tools to improve the coordination of the performance review program.
11. Make recommendations to supervisor for new procedures to meet the organization goals and objectives.