Please select the appropriate specialty code. You must provide supporting documentation in order to receive consideration.
001: Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status; OR, reinstatement eligibility into the competitive service. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing title, series, grade and the full performance level of the position; OR, you are a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) or if you are currently in the military a statement of service.
002: Non Competitive: Please select this specialty if you meet the following criteria: You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who held a permanent position in the competitive service that had the same (or higher) promotion potential as the full performance level of this job; OR, you meet these eligibility requirements from an excepted service agency with an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your SF-50 showing that you meet these requirements; OR, you are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers. You must submit relevant supporting documentation.
1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a National Lending Specialist at the CU-13 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU-12 level in the Federal Sector as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a National Lending Specialist at the CU-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU-13 level in the Federal Sector as described in the vacancy announcement.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. I developed and prepared training materials and presentations for intended audiences.
4. I have written examiner guidance.
5. I have written briefing materials on policies and procedures and developed program guidance.
6. I have written reports identifying problems relating to lending issues and developed solutions and courses of action.
7. I have prepared reports related to lending/financial issues
8. I have guided and assisted financial institution officials in resolving areas of concern relating to agriculture, member business, commercial, real estate lending risks and other complex lending programs.
9. I have negotiated and finalized agreements with credit unions and others to facilitate the amicable resolution of competing or conflicting interests among parties whose cooperation was needed to meet an objective.
10. I have administered training related to specialized lending programs.
11. I have described technical issues to a non-technical audience to facilitate action or education.
12. I have written or established complex lending programs in a financial institution in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
13. I have reviewed financial institution compliance with business lending rules and regulations, all other lending regulatory issuances, and safe and sound business practices.
14. I have partnered with relevant managers and supervisors to identify and improve specialized lending risk management practices
15. I have led or directed workgroup efforts on special projects relative to specialized lending.
16. I have audited or conducted reviews of loan underwriting and compliance with program procedures and policies as an internal auditor or independent accountant.
17. I have served as examiner in charge during the review or examination of financial institution's lending programs for an FFIEC agency or independent accounting firm.
18. I have recommended corrective actions and solutions to resolve problems in financial institutions identified as having operational management and/or financial difficulties due to lending practices
19. I have reviewed financial institutions' lending operations, as a consultant, to determine areas of highest risk, identify lending violations, and make recommendations for improvement.
20. I have used data reports from lending systems to analyze loan portfolio types for growth statistics, delinquency rates, reasonableness of allowance for loan lease loss accounts, loan turn-over statistics, portfolio performance, and other data.
21. I have used data systems and reports to evaluate risk based pricing and indirect lending models for financial institutions.
22. I have used lending systems to review loan underwriting for compliance with financial institution policy and procedures.