1. Are you a USAID employee serving in a permanent competitive service position?A. Yes
This question will be used to determine whether you are minimally qualified for this position.
2. Do you have at least on year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service, that included: conducting studies for assessing the overall effectiveness of a program and developing quality improvement strategies; creating, modifying and implementing international professional and organization development training programs for health sector professionals that included incorporating and applying new information management technology, cross-generational training, and mentoring techniques; and managing the full scope (i.e. direction, funding, implementation, resolving issues) of professional development projects?A. Yes (Your résumé must support this response.)
This section will be used to evaluate your specialized experience. For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Develop detailed program plans for the long-range implementation of programs that affect the professional development of international public health advisors.
4. Analyze financial reports to forecast future budgetary needs for a professional and organizational development program for the public health sector.
5. Prepare public health professional development program budget justification memoranda for executive management.
6. Oversee the execution of health sector organizational development programs by monitoring the progress of key milestones.
7. Assess the impact of proposed legislation and/or regulation changes on international public health programs.
8. Design instructional materials and retreats designed to assist international public health professionals with organizational development.
9. Plan collaborative group trainings to update the technical skills of global public health advisors and specialists.
10. Plan and coordinate technology-based communication strategies designed to keep international public health sector staff informed about learning and personal growth opportunities.
11. Plan and coordinate orientation programs for public health sector staff working in international development.
12. Plan and scale-up mentoring programs for public health sector staff working in international development.
13. Negotiate with management to accept newly developed training methods that involve adult and experiential learning methodologies, new developments in information technology, and cross-generational training..
14. Modify training program materials in accordance with changing global health initiatives.
15. Perform project management functions for public health professional development projects.
16. Develop scopes of work for public health professional development projects.
17. Provide technical direction to contractors/vendors engaged in public health professional development related work to ensure that objectives are met.
18. Monitor the progress of projects to determine if corrective action is needed in modifying the direction of a project.
19. Review final project evaluations to determine the continuation or expansion of a project.
20. Evaluate the success of division-wide public health professional development programs to recommend adjustments to procedures and techniques.
21. Collaborate with other organizational representatives to ensure that the interpretation of public health professional development policy and procedural guidance are consistent across an organization.
22. Confer with top management on the alignment of organizational development projects with training objectives.
23. Develop new management control procedures to improve the effectiveness of a professional development program in the public health sector.
24. Train managers and/or supervisors on new program initiatives to gain support of quality improvement efforts.
25. Provide input on professional development employee performance appraisals.