Vacancy ID: 753173 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-753173-DEU-VRL USAJOBS Control Number: 327585300Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Veteran Preference Claim
Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
001 Administrative Officer
152400003 Honolulu, HI
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
The following question will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
1. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as an Administrative Officer, GS-0341-13 (or higher grade level); Management Program Officer, GS-0301-13 (or higher grade level); or Mission Support Specialist, GS-0301-13 (or higher grade level) with the federal government.
B. I have at least one year of experience conducting studies, making recommendations on critical operating programs that require applying analytical techniques with a knowledge of the mission, organization, work processes, and the relationships of administrative support activities; performing a wide variety of analytical studies and projects related to administrative matters and long-range workforce and inventory planning.
C. I do not possess the experience described above.
If you chose response “A” or “B”, you must provide the position title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. If you chose any other response, you may indicate "not applicable".
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
2. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second- or third-level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
3. Indicate the extent to which you have approved requests for resources based on analysis of needs and other relevant factors.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have approved short-term requests for resources based on a review of requests submitted by a third party.
C. I have conducted independent reviews and analyses of resource requests, prioritizing approvals based on current resource levels and existing policies.
D. I have participated in multi-year resource needs analyses indexed to future year funding and projections for available resources.
E. I have been responsible for compiling and approving a multi-year resource request based on analysis of organizational goals, priorities, and funding projections.
4. Indicate the extent of your experience in formulating budget recommendations based on fiscal analysis of program needs.A. I have had no experience in performing this function.
B. I have formulated budget recommendations and estimates for small projects or operations.
C. I have reviewed the current fiscal status of my organization or program and developed budget recommendations and fiscal estimates based on my review.
D. I have performed detailed fiscal analyses of an organization(s) and programs and developed budget recommendations to resolve complex issues and problems.
5. Indicate the extent of your experience in monitoring or developing performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration.A. I have had no experience or training in performing this task.
B. I have made recommendations based on my evaluation of performance measurements used to determine the effectiveness of operations and/or program administration.
C. I have developed performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration, and have monitored the use of these measurements.
D. I have supervised the development of performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and program administration, as well as the evaluation of operations and program administration.
6. Indicate the extent to which you have gathered and analyzed facts, determined the accuracy of the data, defined problem, and identified solutions.A. I have gathered data/information in preparation for analysis by others.
B. I have gathered data/information, analyzed it, and summarized the results of my findings.
C. I have gathered data/information, performed analyses, summarized results, and identified problem areas.
D. I have gathered statistical data and narrative information, performed analyses, summarized results, identified problem areas, and proposed solutions.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in supporting and implementing changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure.A. I have worked with my peers to implement changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure.
B. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure to peers and/or subordinates and explained the impact of these changes.
C. I have disseminated information about changes in policies, procedures, and organizational structure, explained the impact of these changes to internal and external stakeholders, and ensured that the changes were implemented.
8. Select the choice which best describes the extent of your experience in and responsibility for employee training.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have been responsible for providing informal on-the-job training to peers and subordinates.
C. I have identified subordinates' training needs and ensured that the necessary development and/or training was provided to improve the efficiency and quality of the work.
D. In addition to providing informal on-the-job training to peers and subordinates, I have been responsible for identifying subordinates' training needs and recommending different types of training.
9. Indicate the extent of your experience in reporting to higher-level officials on program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have reported primarily to my immediate supervisor, either formally or informally, on program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
C. I have given formal written reports and oral briefings to higher-level officials both within and outside my organization regarding program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
D. I have given formal briefings to higher-level officials in the organization regarding program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
10. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
B. I have conducted meetings with and provided training for staff members or outside groups.
C. I have presented briefings on program areas to higher-level managers or internal/external organizations or agencies.
D. I have represented a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
11. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate in writing.A. I have written responses to requests for information, or I have edited non-technical writing from others.
B. I have written policies, procedures, training manuals, and/or other technical materials.
C. I have explained in writing the application of laws, regulations, precedents, covering legal actions, or I have written congressional testimony that presented sensitive or controversial information.