The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current Federal employee with competitive status.
If you answered A, B, D, E, F, or G, you must provide your Bureau and dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you answered C, you must provide dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you answered H, please enter N/A (not applicable).
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. GS-12: Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement), GS-0201-11 (or higher grade level), with the federal government.
If you chose response A or B in the previous question, you must provide the title and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. Also, provide the name and telephone number of a supervisor who can verify your claim. If you chose any other response, indicate not applicable.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-11 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-11 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Please indicate your skill and experience regarding Title V and Law Enforcement Officer personnel policies and regulations.
A. I have no skill and experience regarding Title V and Law Enforcement Officers personnel policies and regulations.
Please give some examples on how you used Title V and LEO experience. Also, please provide the title and dates of employment that demonstrates this experience and the name and telephone number of a supervisor who can verify your claim. If you chose any other response, indicate not applicable.
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-12 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do NOT count. Your responses to the following questions will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively based on your responses and that information is later found to be incorrect, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a "No."
5. Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-12 or higher?A. YES
If you chose response A in the previous question, provide the position's title, series, pay plan, grade level or pay band plus the grade level or pay band of its promotion potential, and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.
6. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
8. Do you have knowledge of the principles, concepts, legal requirements, and methodology of federal staffing, recruitment and placement programs?A. Yes.
9. Indicate the extent to which you have served as a staffing expert and advised managers, employees, or other groups on technical, procedural, or policy issues.A. I have no training or experience performing this task.
10. Select the choice, which best describes your knowledge of and experience with performance appraisal systems/approaches.A. I have a basic knowledge of performance appraisal systems and approaches.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
12. Indicate the extent of your experience in responding to Congressional, interagency, or intra-agency inquiries/complaints.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
13. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing and interpreting policy on designated programs.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
14. Indicate the extent of your experience in promoting affirmative action goals and the achievement of equal opportunity requirements.A. I have a basic knowledge of EEO/affirmative action programs and requirements acquired through relevant training courses or on-the-job experience.
15. Select the choice, which best describes your ability to communicate with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
16. Select the choice, which best describes your ability to communicate in writing.A. I have written responses to requests for information, or I have edited non-technical writing from others.