Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Financial Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The Specialty code(s) for this position is 001 Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a Financial Management Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Financial Management Specialist work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service applying specific finance rules, regulations, principles, and procedures associated with travel authorizations and travel vouchers using an existing web-based financial travel system.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Financial Management Specialist work at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service identifying gaps and conflicts found in an existing web-based financial travel system, and present recommendations to senior staff for review and consideration.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Maintain the system for an exceptionally large and complex financial travel program.
4. Participate in the planning of future database expansion, enhancements, and selections.
5. Conduct user acceptance testing and evaluation of the travel system web-based application.
6. Provide help desk support via telephone for Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical issues.
7. Conduct vulnerability assessments of key system areas for an automated web-based program.
8. Develop corrective actions to strengthen controls and improve financial travel management related processes throughout the division.
9. Coordinate with team members to build reports for use in making sound business decisions.
10. Develop long-range extimates for resources needed to implement various system options.
11. Prepare analyses of business benefits derived from various levels of resources commited to web-based financial travel system technologies.
12. Review upgrades for existing travel system to ensure customer requirements are being met.
13. Apply innovative criteria to evaluate the progress and cost effectiveness of program plans, goals, and objectives.
14. Provide advice on day-to-day operational problems to headquarters and field office personnel.
15. Persuade others to accept critical or controversial observations, findings, and recommendations.
16. Answer questions regarding travel programs.
17. Advise senior management of the status of fiscal resources and future requirements.
18. Provide written recommendations to management for discrepancies in disbursement activities.
19. Prepare disbursement summary listings for use by officials.
20. Write department-wide travel and conference policies for use throughout the division.