Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following two questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-11 Information Technology Specialist (System Manager).
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-12 Information Technology Specialist (System Manager).A. I have IT related experience demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that I possess all of the following five competencies: 1. Attention to Detail; 2. Customer Service; 3. Oral Communication; 4. Problem Solving; and 5. Technology Application. In addition, I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: diagnosing and resolving IT problems, resolving IT customer support requests involving integration or configuration related issues, analyzing configuration management processes and procedures and developing and recommending processes, software, and procedures to ensure effective configuration management; replacing computer components, testing and repairing a wide variety of hardware and software from various manufacturers; providing training and assistance to customers using a wide range of equipment and systems used for transmission of information in data, voice, and/or video format; creating or advising others on the technical development of web pages; maintaining and updating Sharepoint intranet sites.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Planning the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and application software.
4. Monitoring compliance with internal, agency, and Federal information security regulations and policies.
5. Managing accounts, networks rights, and access to systems and equipment.
6. Implementing policies and procedures to ensure systems reliability and accessibility.
7. Ensuring compliance with appropriate government standards, including U.S. copyright laws.
8. Installing customer hardware and software.
9. Diagnosing problems in response to customer reported incidents.
10. Utilizing information technology to develop data and graphics representation of evidence in a courtroom setting.
11. Providing user training and assistance on a variety of applications.
12. Providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
13. Promoting awareness of security issues among management and employees.
14. Troubleshooting problems with the delivery of intranet services.
15. Performing network diagnostics.
16. Supporting litigation systems involving the development of data and graphics.
17. Supporting systems involving procedures to manipulate and present data in various formats for the use in litigations.
18. Monitoring assigned telecommunications systems using knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
19. Monitoring functionality, security, and integrity or internet services.
20. Creating basic scripts or code using general knowledge of programming languages and tools.
21. Maintaining network architecture and infrastructure.
22. Monitoring network capacity and performance.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
23. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department