Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 753944
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediatley. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your licensure. Note: Candidates must be licensed for assignment and must maintain a current, full, active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with the VA.
2. Do you hold a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your degree in Pharmacy. An applicant is qualified for consideration if he/she is a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. (Transcripts Required) NOTE: Prior to 2005 ACPE accredited both baccalaureate and Doctor of Pharmacy terminal degree programs. Today the sole degree is Doctor of Pharmacy. (Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if the graduate is able to provide proof of achieving the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT).
3. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university?A. Yes
In addition to meeting the basic requirements of citizenship, education and licensure, you must also meet the specialized experience requirement.
(1) Knowledge of Professional Pharmacy Practices. To be creditable, the experience must have demonstrated the use of knowledge, skills, abilities associated with professional pharmacy practice. Professional practice means paid/non-paid employment as a professional or unlicensed graduate pharmacist as defined by the appropriate licensing board.
(2) Residency and Fellowship Training. Residency and fellowship training programs in a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice may be substituted for creditable experience on a year-for-year asis. The pharmacy residency program must be accredited by the American Society of health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). A fellowship program that is not accredited the the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) will need to have comparable standards for experience to be creditable.
(3) Qualify of Experience. Qualifying experience must be at a level comparable to pharmacy experience at the next lower level. Experience as a Graduate Pharmacist is creditable provided the candidate was used as a professional pharmacist (under supervision) and subsequently passed the appropriate licensure examination.
(4) Part-time Experience. Part-time experience as a professional Pharmacist is credited according to its relationship to the full-time workweek. For example, a pharmacist employed 20 hours a week, or on a half-time basis, would receive 1 full-time workweek of credit for each 2 weeks of service.
For the GS-13 Grade level: Applicants must meet the qualification requirements for GS-12 (Have 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level [GS-11] OR completed an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program) AND have 1 year of experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level. Total of 2 years experience, one of which is equivalent to GS-12 OR has a Pharm.D. and 1 year of experience equivalent to GS-12 grade level.
4. Do you possess the additional qualification requirements for GS-13 as described above?A. Yes
This section pertains to preferred qualifications/characteristics identified for this position. Applicant's eligibility and/or qualifications will not be determined based on the responses to the questions below.
5. Do you have pharmacy experience in geriatrics and/or psychiatry?A. Yes
6. Do you have previous teaching experience or teaching certification?A. Yes
7. Are you certified in a pharmacy program specialty such as Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP), Board Certified Pharmacotherapeutic Specialist (BCPS) or Board Certified Psychiatric Pharmacist (BCPP)?A. Yes
8. Have you completed a Post Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) pharmacy residency program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists in a specialized clinical practice area, such as geriatrics, psychiatry, etc.?A. Yes
The following statements pertain to your knowledge, skill or ability in Pharmacy. For each of the following item(s), choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform the duties of a Pharmacy Specialist. All C, D, or E responses should be supported with examples, explanations, or additional information on your resume or included on other application materials. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I do not have experience or demonstrated capability in performing this activity, but I am willing to learn.
9. Knowledge of professional pharmacy practice.
10. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to both patients and healthcare staff.
11. Knowledge of laws, regulations and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
12. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to persuade and influence clinical and management decisions;
13. Expert understanding of regulatory and quality standards for the program area.
14. Ability to solve problems, coordinate and organize responsibilities to maximize outcomes in the program area or area of clinical practice.
15. Expert knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy.
16. Advanced skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug theraqpies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
17. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
Resume Reminder - Your resume (and/or VA Form 10-2850c) must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Top of Form
Bottom of Form