Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education or experience which meets the minimum requirement for Health Communications Specialist GS-1001-11
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum requirement for Health Communications Specialist GS-1001-12
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the minimum requirement for Health Communications Specialist GS-1001-13
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Implement major communications requirements for national programs that directly impact the organization's mission.
5. Monitor news sources and notify appropriate program areas of emerging information that could potentially impact current or upcoming program goals or activities.
6. Develop and implement communications tools and methods that can be used to increase awareness of the office's policies and programs.
7. Recommend and develop high-level communications program policy guidance and solutions to far-reaching organizational communication problems/issues.
8. Perform multiple communications projects associated with the implementation and integration of a corporate communications strategy supporting the office's mission and goals.
9. Conduct in-depth and specialized research to obtain information required to complete assigned communications projects and coordinate input from other organizations.
10. Develop and format talking points for senior managers regarding program activities.
11. Conduct projects that involve special or sensitive issues designed to improve overall office communications and relations with those outside the organization.
12. Interact with other program offices, subject matter experts, and external stakeholders to conduct outreach and other activities.
13. Prepare responses to internal and external inquiries concerning the office's mission and policy.
14. Organize all incoming requests while anticipating staff requirements, ensuring that all required information is obtained and that a timely response is provided.
15. Develop and edit talking points, press releases, briefing papers, summaries, and various other communications materials.
16. Produce effective communication materials within strict deadlines and provide clearance of materials within short turn-around times.