Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following (1) questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-07 Human Resources Specialist.
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-09 Human Resources Specialist.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Explains staffing requirements, processes and procedures to supervisors.
4. Provides advice on basic pay, premium pay and leave administration laws and regulations.
5. Serves as the point of contact for health benefits.
6. Provides technical information and assistance to employees on other government benefits.
7. Advises on CSRS/FERS and Thrift Savings Plan eligibility, benefits and program features.
8. Provides Merit Promotion and Delegated Examining services for a variety of support positions.
9. Rates and ranks applications and responds to applicant questions.
10. Conducts the orientation of new hires.
11. Provides guidance on completing appointment forms.
12. Explains office policies, conditions of employment, pay and employee benefits.
13. Develops factual information concerning the major duties and organizational environment to assure correct application of classification guidelines.
14. Accepts and reviews applications for completeness and communicates with applicants the required security investigation forms for various employment programs.
15. Establishes, maintains, requests, consolidates and disposes of personnel records.
16. Maintains and updates performance work plans.
17. Prepares applications packets for review by selection panel.
18. Screens applicants for a variety of occupations for minimum qualifications.
19. Provides position management advice and assistance to supervisors in connection with the establishment and classification guidelines.
20. Provides position management advice and assistance to supervisors in connection with the establishment and classification of specific positions.
21. Evaluates applications, appraisals and supplemental experience against approved crediting plan.
22. Determines best qualified applicants based on appropriate rating plans and complete referral action for action by selection committee.
23. Initiates staffing and placement related personnel actions.
24. Prepares applicable forms to initiate staffing actions for merit promotion and delegated examining.
25. Develops vacancy announcements by abstracting duties from position descriptions or supervisors and qualification standards.
26. Performs work that involves communicating through visual means.
27. Enters data into the personnel/payroll database to that concern personnel and payroll actions.
28. Prepares forms for full range of personnel actions.
29. Classifies clerical and technical positions.
30. Prepares letters of selection and non-selection.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
31. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department