Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response which best describes your IT-related experience which meets the Basic Requirements for the position of the IT SPECIALIST, GS-2210-15.A. I possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualifications for the position of the IT SPECIALIST, GS 2210-15. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.A. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level of responsibility in the Federal services which includes experience performing audits in a regulatory environment; evaluations, reviews, and assessments of an agency's information technology infrastructure, setting direction for design, implementation, development, and maintenance of IT enterprise systems, executing security principles and methods to develop specifications to ensure compliance with security requirements. Experience identifying information systems security principles and methods to evaluate, implement, and disseminate information systems security tools and procedures that are necessary to protecting the organization's information resources. Experience in workforce mobility and virtualization; managing and supporting infrastructure in private and public cloud environments. Experience with inspections, audits and case management in a regulatory environment.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop a robust and security infrastructure to ensure the safety of IT networks and data.
4. Work with stakeholders to ensure that the IT infrastructure and secured digital assets are working efficiently and effectively.
5. Serve as the final arbiter on IT management and advise senior leadership about the need for timely investments in IT.
6. Develop the IT framework and supporting technology procedures and practices.
7. Sets up policy and structures for managing the underlying IT infrastructure.
8. Set the strategic technical direction of the agency/office, mentoring the team, and promote teamwork throughout the organization.
9. Negotiate with key officials and other agencies in the government.
10. Develop innovative technologies to improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the agency.
11. Ensure that all IT assets (e.g. data, hardware and systems) are functioning at an optimal level for the employees and extended workforce of the organization.
12. Identify emerging technology issues and develops policy options.
13. Consult with IT vendors and suppliers, data center partners, and outsourcing agencies to buy IT assets and ensure the efficient running of the IT infrastructure.
14. Identify strategic capability/expertise gaps and oversight of mitigation strategies.
15. Represent organization in technological strategy and innovation discussions.