Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
Do you have a disability (physical or mental) that you believe will interfere with completing the online assessments and require a Reasonable Accommodation?
Please note that Reasonable Accommodations for taking the online assessments are provided on a case-by-case basis only to qualified individuals with a disability covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended. If you do not have a disability as defined above or have a disability that would not interfere with completing the online assessments, please do not check the "Yes" box.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a current permanent employee (serving a career/career-conditional appointment) of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs, Kansas District Office?A. Yes
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience and/or education related to the Consumer Complaint Coordinator, GS-301-11 position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 in the Federal Service, that includes knowledge of comsumer complaint issues, analyzing information to respond and resolve complaints issues; managing projects; applying analytical and evaluative methods to set priorities of objectives and goals; and providing expert advice on preparing various documents with a variety of formats.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Responsible for interpretation and application of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives.
4. Perform a variety of consumer complaint coordinations duties to ensure the successful implementation and operations of the program.
5. Responds to incoming calls/complaints referring callers to appropriate agencies and resolving calls appropriately.
6. Formulates recommendations and opinions based on background and understanding of policies, regulations, past practices, procedures and information.
7. Conducts studies of work processes and procedures identifying problems areas making recommendations as necessary.
8. Utilizes available database in tracking, locating and monitoring data essential to the operation of the office.
9. Responsible for maintaining and organizing consumer complaint support documents via national/local database.
10. Conducts a variety of complex studies and program analysis activities evaluating and analyzing data contributing to the consumer complaint program improvement and development policies, procedures and standards pertinent to the program.
11. Researches sensitive issues analyze and present results and recommendations or independently revising and developing alternative procedures as determined necessary.
12. Determines final disposition by documenting action taken by Office or by a firm.
13. Conducts complaint analysis and quality reviews as required by the Office.
14. Provides training, direction and advice to individuals conducting consumer complaint assignments.
15. Responds to consumer complaints from consumers, industry, medical professionals, State/Local/Federal agencies.
16. Interview complaints, researches products, identifying responsible firms/parties and arranges for follow up as necessary.
17. Represents the office at meetings, conferences and committees dealing with consumer complaint program issues.
18. Review all documents and correspondence for proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
19. Reply to inquires for information and prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
20. Generates daily executive summaries for management on pending consumer complaints.
21. Updates standard operating procedures to ensure most up to date information is available when addressing consumer complaints.
22. Receives and responds to consumer complaints providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and to external organizations.
23. Develops and maintains an up to date filing system for all hard copy consumer complaint forms.