Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-9 Law Enforcement Coordination Specialist.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your responses to the above questions. Also, list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your responses.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Assisting public affairs program with preparing and assembling information concerning various programs.
3. Assisting public affairs program with disseminating and archiving information concerning various programs.
4. Facilitating operational task forces to address specific law enforcement issues.
5. Disseminating grant information to various law enforcement organizations.
6. Developing a library of resource materials for law enforcement organizations.
7. Developing training topics for law enforcement meetings.
8. Designing approaches to facilitate communication for law enforcement organizations.
9. Managing law enforcement program funds to ensure proper allocation.
10. Assessing training needs based on expertise of law enforcement officials.
11. Providing information directly to state and local law enforcement organizations.
12. Advising law enforcement officials on the operation of counterpart organizations.
13. Speaking to special interest groups about law enforcement issues.
14. Identifying sources of funding for specific law enforcement initiatives.
15. Disseminating information regarding program activities.
16. Coordinating public appearances for law enforcement audiences.
17. Coordinating media events for the general public.
18. Preparing brochures and/or other outreach material.
19. Maintaining membership directory for law enforcement committees.
20. Preparing registration of participants for various Law Enforcement events.
21. Overseeing the publication of informational material for law enforcement audiences.
22. Preparing responses to information requests from news media.
23. Designing large conferences that address law enforcement needs.
24. Participating in the development of law enforcement programs.
25. Reviewing literature on law enforcement issues.
26. Analyzing changes in legislation that reflect law enforcement programs.
27. Explaining law enforcement initiatives to the public.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
28. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.P.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice.