Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 755508
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (10-10) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. A valid State Commercial Driver's License (CDL) (Class B, with a hazardous material endorsement) is required and a copy of your license must be submitted at the time of application and you must be able to maintain that license as a condition of employment. If you do not meet this requirement, you will be considered ineligible. Do you possess the appropriate CDL and will you be able to maintain that license?
Question 5 is a Screen-Out. If you do not meet the screen-out, you will be considered ineligible. Select the appropriate response.
5. This question is a Screen-Out. If you do not meet the screen-out, you will be considered ineligible.
I have performed the following without more than normal supervision: in having knowledge of a wider range of manual welding processes and make more difficult welds. I used several different gas torch processes, various electric are processes including inert gas shielded ones, or a number of both kinds of processes, to weld all types of commonly used metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel. Uses techniques such as preheating, heat sinks, and stress relieving to maintain specified dimensions and to prevent distortion or burning of the parts being welded
For each task listed below, select the statement that best describes the level of your training and/or experience for this position. If you select response D or E, your application must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating.A- I know little or nothing about this task.
6. Performs fabrication, repair, and maintenance work by welding with acetylene equipment, electric, or other process requiring familiarity with welding properties of metals.
7. Performs spot, flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead welding on fabrication of special item for motor grader, various earth moving equipment, water truck tanks, snow plows, truck bumper and fenders and construction support equipment.
8. Uses techniques such as preheating, heat sinks, and stress relieving to maintain specified dimensions and to prevent distortion or burning of the parts being welded.
9. Welding work may include several related trade procedures, for example brazing, soldering, flame and arc-cutting, surface hardening, annealing, and metal spraying.
10. Welding in flat, horizontal, overhead, and vertical positions.
11. Reacts to different welding processes and techniques.
12. Welds that requires complete penetration as well as complete fusion of base and filler metals even when welding in hard to reach places.
13. Plans, lays out work and accomplish assignments in accordance with sketches, blueprints, technical orders, work order, manual written, or orals instruction of the supervisor.
14. Determines the welding techniques to use and select the proper material such as the right size and type of welding electrodes or rods.
15. Maintains updated records of each piece of equipment repaired as recommended by manufacturers or directed by supervisor.
16. Weld part and structures that may vary in size, shape, and thickness, requiring multiple welding passes and weld dissimilar metal such as copper to steel.
17. Uses electric, acetylene, and/or inert gas shielded process of welding.
18. Welding reverse curves.
19. Devices special jigs and fixtures to hold the parts in place to be welded.
20. Detects potential metal fatigue, which could result in equipment failure.
21. Works with various metals, alloy, types of steel, aluminum, cast iron, nickel, mo-nel metal, brass, copper, bronze, magnesium, beryllium, and titanium.
22. Welding ferrous and non-ferrous metals including mild steel and stainless steel.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
23. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.