Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current r FDA Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I am a current FDA Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Carefully review the responses below, and select the item that best describes your experience as it pertains to the minimum requirements for this position. You must respond to this question and submit a résumé that clearly describes your related experience to be considered.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service) that included providing legal/regulatory advice to others, resolving regulatory issues; ensuring that regulations and policies are consistent with statutory requirements as it relates to drug compliance; and drafting and performing legal/regulatory reviews for enforcement action.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Consult on compliance actions related to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act related statutes, regulations and policies.
3. Advise clients on legal issues concerning the regulation of drug products or other complex regulatory programs.
4. Review or write comments on proposed regulations.
5. Conduct legal analyses involving complex statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
6. Provide advice on the legal sufficiency and procedural adequacy of proposed policies and initiatives.
7. Advise program offices or private clients on procedures and methods for implementing regulations and policy statements.
8. Develop valid approaches to address compliance issues.
9. Resolve issues concerning the application of regulations and/or laws affecting the operation of a program.
10. Conduct planning and consultation for a program's operations.
11. Provide advice and/or training to journeymen and senior regulatory specialists and/or other professionals.
12. Plan complex assignments and projects related to the program area, policies, strategies and inspection decisions.
13. Conduct presentations on compliance policies and initiatives at professional meetings and conferences.
14. Serve as the subject matter expert and provides guidance on regulatory issues to internal and external stakeholders.
15. Provide recommendations on policy and/or regulatory procedures.
16. Coordinate with scientific and regulatory personnel to ensure regulations/guidance are consistent with legal/regulatory requirements.
17. Prepare legal pleadings, such as affidavits, briefs, motions for summary judgment and dismissal.
18. Draft and review written proposals for regulations and policies produced by a team.
19. Analyze replies to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders on legal/regulatory issues.
20. Are you a current FDA employee serving in a permanent, competitive position?A. Yes (You must provide SF50 at time of application)