1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Budget Analyst, GS-13.
2. A Selective Placement Factor is a prerequisite to an appointment and represents minimum requirements for a position. Do you possess extensive experience with utilizing Activity Based Costing (ABC) models; developing cost projections to support budget requests; and developing performance metrics by utilizing the data captured in the model.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Provides expert advice and analysis on a wide variety of budget activities connected with the review, justification, and presentation of the budget for an agency or major component.
4. Provides advice on the most advantageous courses of action.
5. Performs complex and varied duties for the full range of budget analysis to support assigned programs in the management of financial resources.
6. Performs a variety of budget analysis functions in limited functional areas.
7. Performs duties associated with the management, control, and usage of financial resources or funds.
8. Utilizes skill in presenting complex information, analysis, ideas and positions in a clear, succinct, accurate, convincing manner.
9. Creatively identifies and utilizes effective communication channels and methods.
10. Ensures that regular communication occurs based on the needs of the work, the individual, management, or the situation.
11. Provides financial statements and other reports to program officials for informational and financial planning purposes.
12. Communicates with key personnel both internal and external to the agency in order to influence them to accept findings/recommendations on significant program issues.
13. Gathers, compares, and correlates prior year and current year expenditures and conducts trend analyses to establish baseline budgetary data.
14. Provides written interpretation of financial policies and advice with recommendations to improve program planning, evaluation, and financial management.
15. Develops instructions to make recommendations or support a budget/financial recommendation.
16. Writes budget or financial management instructions or other guidelines.
17. Prepares routine reports, position papers or fact sheet on a specific program.
18. Analyzes obligations and expenditure trends to ensure that the objectives of annual financial plans are being met and that laws and regulations are adhered to in a timely and effective manner.
19. Identifies potential problem areas and makes recommendations for solutions.
20. Prepares a variety of narrative and statistical budgetary forms, schedules, and reports.
21. Plans and carries out program reviews to analyze budget or program.
22. Makes recommendations using information developed during analysis.
23. Analyzes and summarizes financial or programmatic information using analytical methods to identify and resolve issues.
24. Advises managers on methods and requirements for developing extensive written justification for their budget requirements.
25. Responds to rapidly changing situations that require frequent, substantial reprogramming of work to meet short suspense dates.
26. Makes recommendations regarding future year program levels and funding sources.
27. Applies innovative analytical methods to conduct planning for new budget and financial projects with significant impact.
28. Works with individuals, both internal and external to the organization, to plan, schedule, and ensure executions of related activities.
29. Conducts budget, financial and programmatic analysis and evaluation regarding resources proposals.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for the position. Review and select the statement below that describes the PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
30. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
31. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.