Vacancy ID: 756243 Announcement Number: SE21301-07-756243NB438487-D USAJOBS Control Number: 327680900Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. From the statements below, select the o ne response that best describes your level of education/experience that you fully possess to meet the basic qualification requirements of the Physical Scientist Position.A. I have a Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
B. I have a combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
C. I do not have the education or experience as described above.
2. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of education/experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a Physical Scientist GS-1301-07.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience include: Receiving clear, specific, and detailed instructions as to the methods, procedures, and guidelines to use in sea ice analysis; Performing routine calculating, plotting, analyzing, and checking of numerical data. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
B. I have 1 year of graduate-level education in physical science, engineering, or mathematics, mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and/or electronics. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
C. I have superior academic achievement at the baccalaureate level based on being in the upper third of the graduating class in the college or university attended and based on courses completed.
D. I have superior academic achievement at the baccalaureate level based on grade-point average of 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on my official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of my curriculum.
E. I have superior academic achievement at the baccalaureate level based on grade-point average of 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
F. I have election to membership in a national scholastic honor society listed by the Association of College Honor Societies. Note: membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision.
G. I have a combination of experience as described under letter A above and education as described under letter B above which, when combined, is equivalent to 100% of the qualification requirement.
H. I do not have the education or experience as described above.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of the job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in this task because of my expertise.
3. Interpreting visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar, passive microwave, and altimeter data to locate and identify sea ice.
4. Using knowledge of how ice cover in the Arctic and Antarctic Seas affects maritime operations.
5. Prepares track recommendations through ice covered Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, and Antarctic seas.
6. Interpreting meteorological data used to predict sea ice.
7. Using knowledge of imagery data to interpret visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar, scatterometer, and passive microwave imagery.
8. Using spatial data imagery analysis systems and/or geographic information systems (GIS) to analyze imagery data.
9. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar, scatterometer, and passive microwave imagery for meteorological applications.
10. Using analytical skills to synthesis multiple data sources within geographic information systems (GIS) environment.
11. Interpreting visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar, passive microwave, and altimeter data to analyze sea ice.
12. Producing ice analyses in digital or message format.
13. Producing ice analysis using World Meteorological Organization (WMO) egg code and approved WMO meteorological symbols.
14. Synthesizing an analysis or forecast of ice conditions using oceanographic and meteorological data.
15. Selecting from appropriate imagery (e.g. visible, infrared, synthetic aperture radar, scatterometer or passive microwave imagery) to produce weather/ice analyses.
16. Providing briefings and demonstrations for visitors regarding sea ice analysis and forecasting.
17. Making recommendations on complex ice forecasting issues that might not be covered by operating guidelines.
18. Producing ice forecasts and outlooks by utilizing ice model data, climatology records, and current synoptic analysis.
19. Updating ice analyses or forecasts to ensure optimum support.
20. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
B. I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position.