1. Do you possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B and a South Carolina School Bus Certificate? You must submit a copy of your valid CDL and South Carolina School Bus Certificate with your supporting documents in order to be considered for this position.A. Yes
2. I am requesting Military Spouse Preference based on the transfer of my military spouse to obtain a position in the commuting area of this position. Applicants requesting Military Spouse Preference (MSP) must submit the following documents along with their completed application: a) Military Spouse Employment Request Form available online at: http://www.am.dodea.edu/ddessasc/employment/MSPRequestFormNov05.DOC; b) A copy of the sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders indicating authorization of dependent travel; c) Copy of marriage certificate.A. Yes
For questions 3, 4,and 5, your answers should include convictions resulting from a plea of nolo contendere (no contest), but omit: (1) traffic fines of $300 or less, (2) any violation of law committed before your 16th birthday, (3) any violation of law committed before your 18th birthday if finally decided in juvenile court or under a Youth Offender law, (4) any conviction set aside under the Federal Youth Corrections Act or similar state law, and (5) any conviction for which the record was expunged under Federal or state law.
3. During the last 10 years, have you been convicted, been imprisoned, been on probation, or been on parole? (Includes felonies, firearms or explosives violations, misdemeanors, and all other offenses.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
4. Have you been convicted by a military court-martial in the past 10 years? (If no military service, answer "NO.") If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the military authority or court involved.A. Yes
5. Are you now under charges for any violation of law? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, explanation of the violation, place of occurrence, and the name and address of the police department or court involved.A. Yes
6. During the last 5 years, have you been fired from any job for any reason, did you quit after being told that you would be fired, did you leave any job by mutual agreement because of specific problems, or were you debarred from Federal employment by the Office of Personnel Management or any other Federal agency? If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the date, an explanation of the problem, reason for leaving, and the employer's name and address.A. Yes
7. Are you delinquent on any Federal debt? (Includes delinquencies arising from Federal taxes, loans, overpayment of benefits, and other debts to the U.S. Government, plus defaults of Federally guaranteed or insured loans such as student and home mortgage loans.) If "YES," use the narrative section to provide the type, length, and amount of the delinquency or default, and steps that you are taking to correct the error or repay the debt.A. Yes
8. Do you receive, or have you ever applied for, retirement pay, pension, or other retired pay based on military, Federal civilian, or District of Columbia Government service?A. Yes
9. Do any of your relatives work for the agency or government organization to which you are submitting this form? (Include: father, mother, husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, and half sister). If you answer "YES", use the narrative section in this questionnaire to provide the relative's name, relationship, and the department, agency, or branch of the Armed Forces for which your relative works.A. Yes
If you are a male born after December 31, 1959, and are at least 18 years of age, civil service employment law (5 U.S.C. 3328) requires that you must register with the Selective Service System, unless you meet certain exemptions. Please answer the following two questions pertaining to your registration in the Selective Service System.
10. Are you a male born after December 31, 1959?A. Yes
11. Have you registered with the Selective Service System?A. Yes
Please use this section to provide the required information if you have answered "Yes" to numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, on the suitability questions. If you have answered "Yes" to the referenced questions, you MUST provide the required information. All of your answers must be truthful and complete. A false statement on any part of your application may be grounds for not hiring you or for firing you after you begin work. Also, you may be punished by a fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, title 18, section 1001). You may be asked to provide this information at any time.
12. Read the following statements (A-D) and select the one response that best describes your ability to perform the duties of a Motor Vehicle Operator:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
DEFAULT SCALE: For the following task statements, select the response (A-E) from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one response per statement. Ensure your resume supports all your responses.
13. Comply with state and local regulations governing the operation of vehicles.
14. Possess knowledge of methods for proper loading and securing of passengers.
15. Utilize maps or knowledge of the area to determine the shortest and safest route for both long and short runs.
16. Maneuver vehicles in narrow and congested areas such as between building, and other vehicles.
17. Judge overhead and side clearances, turning radius, and braking distance from the preceding vehicle.
18. Use defensive driving techniques and adjust driving methods to the particular driving situation in order to avoid an accident.
19. Report any defects in vehicle operation, accidents, damages or traffic violations.
20. Check presence of and usability of assigned equipment such as tools, tire changing equipment, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits and make operational checks of vehicle to determine readiness for use and/or need for service.
21. Maintain a neat and clean work place including assigned vehicles.
22. Completes standard forms used in transportation division such as trip requests, time sheets, trouble and misconduct reports, route schedules and accident reports.
23. Performs routine preventive maintenance on bus and checks operational and safety equipment for readiness.
24. Assists bus mechanic in making repairs on the bus.
25. Operate the bus in all kinds of weather, through all kinds of traffic over roads and streets, open field or rough terrain as required.
26. Maintain discipline on the bus and follow all safety precautions.
27. I certify that my response to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. FAILURE TO CERTIFY WILL RENDER YOU INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.A. Yes