1. From the following descriptions, please select the one (1) statement that best describes your experience that qualifies you for the IT Specialist, GS-12 position.A. I possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, for example: Experience working with a wide range of corporate or government agency network systems such as desktop, laptop and server computer systems using Microsoft desktop and server operating systems. Experience working on information technology-related assignments that required a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience related to corporate or government agency network systems. In these assignments experience in analyzing a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of system design and/or purchase with consideration given to what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
2. I have extensive experience supporting, managing and troubleshooting the following operating systems in a corporate or government agency network environment: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7.A. Yes
3. I have extensive experience assisting users, with intermediate and complex issues, with the following applications in a corporate or government agency network environment: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.A. Yes
4. I have experience supporting, managing and applying information security policies and procedures in a corporate or government agency network environment.A. Yes
5. I have written complex technical documents used to document network infrastructure, device configurations, baseline installations and training for same.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item:
6. Develop policies and procedures to maintain system integrity.
7. Write policy and/or procedural guidance.
8. Develop procedures to identify root cause of system problems to determine the office responsible for problem resolution.
9. Develop procedures for resolving current and emerging threats to avoid system degradation.
10. Compose briefings, reports, and other types of correspondence in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
11. Creates and maintains all program documentation for subsystems and projects assigned.
12. Troubleshoot Windows operating systems to resolve system performance issues.
13. Troubleshoot a multitude of software titles including Microsoft Office products to ensure functionality.
14. Adhere to Security Technical Information Guide (STIG) regulations in the delivery of system administration services.
15. Apply information systems security policies and procedures to maintain system integrity.
16. Resolve and/or mitigate security findings within the reportable timeline to maintain system security.
17. Implement security policies to ensure interoperability and confidentiality.
18. Troubleshoot systems hardware for root cause failure and work with vendors to repair the systems to working order.
19. Install hardware enhancement products to meet customer needs.
20. Install software enhancement products to meet customer needs.
21. Ability to install and test commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications, software and hardware, systems fixes, updates and enhancements.
22. Install, configure, test and troubleshoot Active Directory (AD).
23. Work with non-technical staff to resolve help desk requests for assistance.
24. I possess a MCSE Certification.A. Yes
25. I possess a MCP Certification.A. Yes
26. I am eligible for a Special Hiring Authority for non-competitive appointment based on one of the following selections. (If you select this option, you must indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking on your application and provide appropriate documentation supporting your eligibility).A. Authorized persons who are severely disabled, such as certain veterans.