Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 756842
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the Vacancy Announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to verify Veterans Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Forester position at Division of Forestry, Forestry, in Fort Defiance, Arizona. Your responses to this questionnaire in conjunction with other portions of your completed application will be evaluated to determine your qualifications. Please carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change a response, be certain to erase (unclick) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or that are left blank will not receive credit. Copies of transcripts or a listing of completed coursework must be submitted to document educational accomplishments.
5. Please select one response from the choices A, B or C below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Entry Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection.
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your experience and training for the GS-0460 positions. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information provided by your references.
6. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best represents your highest level of experience and/or education as a Supervisory Forester, GS-0460-12. Select only one letter.
7. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that best represents your highest level of experience and/or education as a Forester GS-0460-13. Select only one letter.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval that corresponds to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
8. Present conclusions and make recommendations on the 10-year Forestry Management Plan, Forest Development, Woodland Management, Compartment Examination Reports and silvicultrual prescriptions, Forest Pest Management, Forest Trespass, Permit Sales of Forestry Product, timber cruise plans, and timber sales that affect impacts on timber resources and/or federal trust lands.
9. Experience as a lead professional scientist using the theories of forestry to monitor, collect and analyze field data using standard analytical methods and techniques.
10. Coordinates, identifies and presents options or techniques available on: biology, soils, environmental studies, natural resources, ecology, wildlife management, water quality, slope stability and other investigations needed to complete analysis.
11. Operate a Clinometers to measure the height of trees; diameter tapes measure tree diameter; and increment borers and bark gauges measure the growth of trees so that timber volumes can be computed and growth rates estimated.
12. Interpret aerial photographs and other imagery taken from airplanes and satellites, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to mapping large forest areas and for detecting widespread trends of forest and land use.
13. Review and comment Inventory of the type, amount, and location of all standing timber on the property, to create timber cruising.
14. Analyze Tribal wild land fire prevention plan, administration of timber sale activities and timber sale contract terms, preparation of timber sale contracts, releasing of the timber for cutting and acceptance of harvesting work, to access water availability for anticipated water needs.
15. Prepares design, specifications to generate forested lands, monitoring progress and for harvests.
16. Developing timber harvest sales packages, monitoring of the information gathering and related field activities, and the development of the sales packages are performed independently subject to periodic supervisory review and evaluation. The incumbent is relied on as the expert in timber sales operations
17. Expert in designing and/or adopt designs in forest management and timber sales related to studies to improve forest management and sales production, including applying principles of sustained yield management to forest resources, wetlands, water and soil quality and wildlife conservation, to protect forested lands during timber harvesting operations.
18. Professional knowledge in forest inventories, forest soils, forest engineering, land surveying, ecology, silviculture, economics, mensuration, mapping, entomology, pathology, watershed and stream habitat protection, forest utilization and other fields.
19. Plans silvicultural growth and regeneration characteristics of the maj or forest tree species, instructions and criteria for determining inventory sequence priorities, optimum growing stock levels and silvicultural requirements for developing a valid forest resource data base.
20. Authoritative knowledge on technical problems in matters related to presale procedures, continuous forest inventories, forest harvesting methods, forest road design, cadastral surveying, data processing, resource management and forest development.
21. Forest inventory design and analysis.
22. Timber sale preparation and advertisement.
23. Timber sale administration and stumpage income accounting.
24. Timber stand improvement methods, including project level implementation.
25. Timber trespass discovery, investigation, documentation, and resolution.
26. Perform project management duties on design, construction and cost estimate activities.
27. Develop proposals/scopes of work and evaluate the fieldwork that will be used throughout the project oversight
28. Monitor and evaluation Scope of Works/Project Plans to ensure deliverables are met.
29. Prepare reports on project specifications and cost estimates, in a timely matter.
30. Plan, organize, control and to formulate and analyze short and annual workloads, establish acceptable time limitations which will satisfy establish program objectives.
31. Proficient in utilizing computer software programs needed for the completion of scheduled project work.
32. Conduct field operations to collect and verify data needed in connection with forestry projects.
33. Facilitating on national or regional projects to resolve issues or facilitate completion of program initiatives.
34. Establish productive working relationships with Navajo Nation, Agencies and individuals of diverse backgrounds.
35. Updates and implements the 10-Forestry Management Plan with Navajo Nation Forestry Department that includes comprehensive compliance program.
36. Resolve critical Forestry problems by coordinating with other agencies and groups.
37. Present information orally about BIA-NRO decisions and work to others (for example, describe the organization's programs and services to individuals or groups in the community or to higher management).
38. Consultation and collaboration with individuals and tribal, state, federal, and non-governmental representatives on matters of mutual interest to ensure decisions are in the best interest of the beneficiary and the trust resources.
39. Provides formal presentations to tribal councils, organizations, and other interest groups and clearly articulated the subject matter.
40. Instructor for forestry courses for formal credit.
41. Has written and had published formal technical or administrative documents used by organizations for national or regional program management activities.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
42. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veteran's or Indian Preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF-50s) is received and is accurate.