The Vacancy Identification Number is:757079
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.
Please provide dates of availability if applying for a seasonal or time-limited position.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
1. Select the one response that best describes the level of experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability as it directly relates to this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS/SK-14 grade level analyzing financial securities, portfolios and industry exposures; significant experience as a risk manager, trader, financial controller or similar function overseeing complex portfolios, businesses or institutions.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Use knowledge of one or more financial products to evaluate current or historical data and perform analysis on market developments
3. Study trends and evaluates financial product data in order to identify risk and make recommendations to senior management.
4. Develop or assist in the development and monitoring of market risk methodologies, processes and analysis.
5. Ensure timely and reliable production of regular and ad-hoc market risk reporting to senior risk management.
6. Work with senior risk management to help identify, measure and mitigate risks as they arise.
7. Interpret and apply the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Securities Act of 1933, The Investment Company Act of 1940, and The Investment Advisers Act of 1940
in performing your duties as well.
8. Advise top level managers when formulating and guiding major research related to project or program problems of great difficult and critical importance.
9. Participate in discussions, such as conferences or meetings, which justified or negotiated matters that involved significant or controversial issues.
10. Deliver presentations that involved discussion and resolution of risk issues of considerable consequence or importance.
11. Write extensive technical or specialized reports and recommendations as a senior technical expert to prepare comprehensive charts, graphs, and other documentation with interpretations.
12. Analyze specialized numerical and/or statistical data pertaining to issues in investment management, securities markets, securities derivatives and other complex or novel investment products and prepare written materials for distribution.
13. Perform consulting work (as a technical expert) or empirical research pertaining to issues in investment management, risk or quantitative analysis, securities markets other complex or novel investment products and regularly provide written results to senior-level management, senior-level government officials, or professional groups pertaining to that work.
14. Monitor work performance to ensure timely completion of work assignments.
15. Conduct performance evaluations to communicate assessment of work completed.
16. Coach staff and provide training to improve performance.