Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. Please indicate the level experience that qualifies you for the GS-9 Fire Program Specialist.A. I have at least (1) one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 including experience providing technical advice and assistance to State or local entities regarding preparedness grants; interpreting and applying a wide range of laws, regulations, policies and methodologies related to the grants management life cycle; experience in the fire service and an understanding of the fire principles, technology, terminology, training and equipment in order to incorporate these concepts into the programmatic management of fire grants."
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of fire grant program areas, management rules, policies, principles, practices and techniques. Please select only one letter.A- I have not had any training or experience in performing this task.
2. Deliver Federal fire grant programs to include interpreting program policies and applying Federal rules.
3. Provide authoritative counsel and advisory services on all fire program policy, procedures and training to State and local governments, other federal agencies, the private sector, business and industry, and the general public.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and experience with fire service concepts, principles, techniques and technology developments relating to firefighters and public safety issues.
Please select only one letter.
4. State or local level experience regarding the development of technology relating to firefighters and public safety issues.
5. Serve as a working liaison with fire service organizations and agencies of States that are connected to fire program issues.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of and direct experience in fire grants management and federal acquisition processes.
6. Build partnerships with state and local governments and tribal nations that result in successful delivery of fire programs.
7. Provide fire grant monitoring oversight by utilizing multiple data base applications.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to speak effectively with diverse groups on technical and complex program issues. Please select only one letter.
8. Make oral presentations on issues to inform federal, state and/or local officials or private sector organizations or interested parties with respect to significant matters regarding fire related programs.
9. Serve as a spokesperson on all fire programs and as a resource to facilitate inquiries about the fire grant program.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to render information and opinion in an easily written form. Please select only one letter.
10. Write letters or documents that must present an idea or describe an action that must be taken by the reader.
11. Write reports and other documents on fire policy decisions/determinations.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of fire service management that includes development, implementation of long and short range plans, resource allocation analysis and development, and fire service organization and administration in order to evaluate the effect programs have on fire service organizations and communities. Please select only one letter.
12. Provide technical direction to grantees, and make adjustments to the grant in accordance with established governmental regulations and procedures.
13. Monitor grant recipients to ensure the work meets quality and completion time frames.
14. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.