Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. I possess one or more years of specialized experience equivalent the GS-13 level of the Federal service performing the following duties: overseeing and advising on the allocation and management of employees, space, travel, administrative functions, and financial resources; conducting studies and analyzing management techniques, processes, and systems for improving organizational effectiveness; preparing and coordinating office responses to sensitive requests from outside bodies ensuring an accurate reflection of the office stance; and participating in defining objectives, formulating policies, and designing programs to meet the needs of an office's administrative management functions.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Serve as the supervisory management official and technical expert for all facets of administrative operations and budget execution in an office.
3. Oversee and advise on the allocation and management of employees, space, travel, administrative functions, and financial resources.
4. Supervise a staff of employees responsible for a broad degree of analytical, administrative and budgetary functions.
5. Participate in the development and implementation of programs, policies, standards, and procedures relating to administrative and operational management and program planning and evaluation.
6. Conduct studies and analyze management techniques, processes, and systems for improving organizational effectiveness.
7. Coordinate, conduct, and facilitate office-wide meetings.
8. Act and speak for the office director in his or her absence, with full knowledge of office administrative management and budgetary policies and priorities.
9. Represent the office director at meetings and committees within and across organizations.
10. Prepare and coordinate office responses to sensitive requests from outside bodies ensuring an accurate reflection of the office stance.
11. Participate in defining objectives, formulating policies, and designing programs to meet the needs of an office's administrative management functions.
12. Direct and ensure the delivery of administrative and management support through liaison on management, programmatic, and administrative matters.
13. Manage an extramural contracts program and advise the office director on the development of contract proposals, including management, technical and merit review.