Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Accounting Technician
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The Occupational Specialty Code for this position is 001 - Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in an Accounting Technician position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes the experience you possess which demonstrates your ability to perform Accounting Technician work at the grade GS-07 level. The information you provide in your responses will be verified against the information presented in your resume.A. I possess one year of specialized experience as an accounting technician equivalent to at least the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service using initiative to perform the following recurring assignments: 1) review documents for missing or incompatible information; 2) assemble and prepare forms, accounts, or other paperwork that make up a file; 3) recognize and reconcile discrepancies, and prepare transactions files for closeout; and/or 4) use automated systems to access, retrieve, and generate various transaction data and reports.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Research and verify invoices for purchase orders, contracts, travel orders, and other claims documents
3. Examine listings of grants to be obligated to ensure the required accounting detail is included in each transaction
4. Verify accuracy of entries in sequence number report and summary of batch schedules.
5. Conduct fact-finding inquiry over telephone to identify customer needs
6. Conduct quality checks on products or services provided to customer
7. Recommend changes to improve processes or procedures
8. Speak and adapt to audience with diverse levels of knowledge in a two-way exchange
9. Explain accounting procedures to lower graded technicians to solve problems.
10. Train employees on new information and updates.
11. Discuss discrepancies in audit findings.
12. Contribute information to technical report
13. Write sections of policy instructions
14. Write training manuals for new employees