Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Choose 001 - Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-13 grade level or above.
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-0301-12, Project Manager position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement for this position.
2. I have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
3. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
4. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine.A. Yes
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area.
5. Develop procedures to monitor and document products subject to regulation by CVM as part of life-cycle oversight, including both pre- and post-market phases.
6. Work with all participants to develop project plans (documenting goals, timeframes, milestones, and resources).
7. Build a knowledge base on each client's business, organization, and objectives.
8. Develop models and provide assistance to the teams to help manage work flow across existing administrative units to balance priorities and obligations.
9. Manage resource loads across multiple projects to develop milestones and ensure that they are met in a timely matter.
10. Work with review teams to set and manager sponsor expectations.
11. Analyze the status of review projects with respect to variance from projected plans and determining their impact on established project goals.
12. Provide routine reports to office members on project priorities, status, and resource loading, and deviations from plans.
13. Identify changes in procedures that will facilitate accomplishment of the group's deliverables within established time frames and stated objectives.
14. Identify new and creative approaches for managing projects, including modifications to existing methods.
15. Identify areas of improvement in internal team processes and implementing the proposed solutions.
16. Monitor overall work flow and handles staffing for the matrix-managed group, including identifying redundancies or staffing deficits.
17. Serve as the primary point of contact for overall status of projects and ensuring that project requirements are met.
18. Serve as the contact point for non-technical information during the life of the project.
19. Coordinate, lead, and manage projects that may not have a clear regulatory pathway.